•32•

Blake

"H-" My words caught in my throat, and my breathing patterns became choppy.

Please. Please tell me this is a dream.

Jace took a few paces closer to us. "I gotta say, I was taken off guard when you decided to stab me. But unfortunately. . ." He lifted up his white dirt stained t-shirt revealing a large white bandage patched where the knife stuck him. "You missed."

"You've gotta be kidding me Blake," Annalise muttered.

"Oh Anna. Well haven't you just blossomed," Jace commented. Her chest heaved up and down as she sent him a fatal glare.

"I really hate to put a damper on your little journey," Jace takes out a gun and pointed it in our direction. "But it ends here."

He moved his arm with the gun so that it pointed to Annalise only. He pulled the trigger without second thought, sending the bullet straight through her skull.

Annalise's body instantly fell to the ground, going limp.

"No!" I shrilled, dropping the gun and kneeling down next to her. Tears pricked at my eyes as I covered my mouth with my hand. Letting out stifled sobs, I looked at the single stream of blood that oozed down her forehead.

"Just like her mother," Jace remarked with a chuckle.

"No no no," I cried, propping her head up with my hand. With my free one, I smeared the stream of blood with the pad of my thumb.

Containing my loud weeping, I gently let her head rest on the forest floor. I slowly rose to my feet, sending daggers to Jace.

I wiped my remaining tears with my knuckles, coming face to face with him. When I flick my eyes up, I notice a sturdy looking branch looming over me. A fairly low branch.

"Oh and you," Jace said. I switched my gaze to his devilish smirk, which diminished after a split second. "I got something more brutal for you," He tossed his gun elsewhere.

But before he even lays a hand on me, I jumped up grabbing hold of the starchy feeling tree branch, swinging my legs up, locking them around his neck.

I then twisted my upper body and lean back, letting my back crash to ground. Taking Jace down with me in the process. I grimaced at the hard impact.

He pounded his heavy fists on my legs that constrained him. I tightened the headlock with my legs as he still tried to fight against my implacable hold.

That is until he plunged the side of my mid thigh with a knife. I screamed, arching my back when I felt the sharp pang shoot through my leg.

My legs loosened from his neck involuntarily and he untangled himself. I sat upward, holding my stinging wound with my two hands. Letting out loud groans and grunts as I did so. Jace was on his hands and knees a few feet away from me, trying to regulate his breathing. With my uninjured leg, I kicked his face.

He scrunched his face and grunted. He rose to his feet still coughing and holding his neck.

"Get up Blake, get up," I breathed, grimacing. "C'mon on, you can do this," I coached myself with my forehead resting on my knee.

"On second thought, how bout we just end this the easy way," Jace loaded his gun and I picked my head up. I hadn't even seen him go retrieve it because I was too busy talking to myself.

But I pushed through the unyielding pain shooting in my leg and staggered to my feet.

Jace pulled down the lever on the back of his gun and it clicked as it was pointed me.

"Farewell Blake."

I took out the pocket knife from my back pocket and swung my injured leg up, hooking it around his arm with the gun. I hoisted myself up, swinging my other leg onto his shoulder. Straddling his neck in one smooth motion. I whipped the blade up and thrusted it into his chest before he can even react.

He lets out a strangled breath and his body slowly lowered to the ground with me still sitting on his shoulders. When his knees hit the ground, I lost balance and fell over. The side of my arm thumped against the forest floor.

I turned onto my back, whimpering at the present sting still in my leg. I looked over to Jace who lies on his stomach with his eyes still wide open. His back doesn't rise or fall signifying that he isn't breathing.

I sit up and crawl over to him, using my strength to turn his body over. I then crawled back over to where I dropped my gun earlier.

Standing up with gun in hand, I click the safety off and point it to lifeless Jace. I make no hesitation to let the bullet fly and hit him.

I don't need him coming back. Ever. Again.

I let the gun slip from my grasp and fall to my knees. I looked over to Annalise and my eyes began to water. It wasn't long before I was full on crying. I pull at the roots of my knotted hair and let out a long high pitched shriek.

A shriek in which displayed many emotions. Pain, sorrow, anger, frustrated-ness. . .maybe even joy.

I crawled over to Anna's messenger bag and took out my ragged grey sweater. It didn't take much effort to tear the sleeve off of it. I tied it around my wound, creating a makeshift splint.

I stood on feet, using the nearby tree for
leverage. With quiet sobs racking my body, I pulled out Annalise's thin wool blanket. Hunching over to cover her growing pale body.

I looked at her one last time, silently giving her a goodbye. Weighing her bag on my shoulder.

I tore my eyes away from the horrific sight and stepped over Jace's body. Continuing my journey home. . . alone.

I took out the makeshift map Annalise had created. However, I couldn't even decipher it. It was clearly something for her eyes only. I sighed aggravatingly, letting the crinkled paper fall the ground.

I came to a stop and my lips slightly parted. The familiar sound of water flowing. The familiar fresh scent.

The creek.

"She did it," I whispered.

___________________________

A/N > I think we should be proud of Blake rn. I mean she put Jace in a headlock w her legs loll.

that's the most legit action I've ever written in the story. this was the ultimate climax of WOTW.

Ik, I'm sorry. Annalise is gone 😢 *hands you a tissue*

I hope that the action was written well though. Visualization wise.

Hopes you enjoyed :)

Votes/Comments, are much appreciated xx

See you Friday 😉

-kya h. ∞