•17•

mini a/n - play the song in the media box! it'll give a nice effect 😊.

Blake

11 weeks/70 days/ approximately 3 months

I've been here for three torturous months now. The end of this month will be the exact date. Three months since I've been ripped from everything I've ever known. My family. My friends. Civilization.

It seemed like Anna's journal was the only thing that kept me hanging on a thread. She stopped writing in it at the end of 2014. I reread a lot of them though, it was like  reading a novel for the second time.

There's still blank pages waiting to be written on, so I took it upon myself to write down my own feelings. It somewhat helped me as to I have somewhere to vent my thoughts. I like to sit in Anna's old bedroom as I do so, it was such a nice change of scenery for me. Even though our rooms are almost identical.

Jace still hasn't been taking his medication. Pins and needles are on my tongue when it comes to talking to him even more so. He still likes to toy with my emotions, telling me that nobody cares about my disappearance.

Sometimes I actually find truth in hi hostile words. But I can't take it anymore, I can't take anymore of it. Being alone in this rotten house, I'm at a constant inner battle with myself.

Blake, you can't just sit here and wait to die. You've got to escape.

My mind kept going back and forth between staying in here, or getting out of here. I couldn't bring myself to a decision. Jace's words haunted my thoughts ever time I thought of escaping.

"And if you do happen to be dumber than I thought, I will catch and torture you. I don't have to try hard either because I could break you faster than you can even scream."

It hindered me every time. If I tried to escape, he'll come find and torture me. Simply put. I couldn't leave here, he's too smart.

That's why you have to fight back Blake. At this rate, you'll never get home.

"I know. I know," I muttered to myself.

So then do it and stop waiting for death to come around.

I ran my thumb across the photograph of Blair and I, peering at it intently. I had looked at this photo a hundred times. But this time something sparked in me. That's when I came to my final resolution.

I'm getting out of here.

Jace is gone, running his daily errands, I could leave now. A small smile became evident on my face when I started to think about getting out. Seeing my family again. Going to the college I've always wanted to go to. Getting my life back on track.

I stalked out of my bedroom,  heading straight for the front door. I poised my hand above the knob, taking a deep breath.

Locked, of course.

I had to think this through first.

If I was going to escape, I had to start by strengthening myself. Being mentally and physically in shape. Jace tells me a numerous amount of times that I'm weak and helpless. But I could change that. I headed back to my bedroom, pushing Jace's cruel words out of my mind.

Get yourself in shape Blake.

I laid myself on the wooden floor and stuck my hands behind my head. I winced at the sharp pain in my stomach area as I hulled myself up, forming a sit up. Some of my bruises were being tender, making it a challenge. I inserted my feet under the little gap between the floor and the bottom of my closet door.

I started my sit ups again, struggling with the my sensitive bruises each time I pull myself up. I began to silently count to myself. My inner voice was right.

I was waiting for death to come around, but not anymore. I can't let Jace get to me anymore. I can't let him control my every move or get in my head.

Determination pushed me harder and I began to go a little bit faster. I'm going to see my family again. I'm going to college. I'm not going to sit and rot in this dump anymore.

With my pulse higher, I laid my body frontwards on the ground and positioned my bony arms at ninety degree angles.

They were almost like twigs from my lack of food and energy. I tried and push my body up but my I immediately crashed back down to the ground.

I've never had the ability to do push-ups. My arms shook like leaves as I pushed my body weight up and down slowly. I was only able to do eight when the burning sensation in my arms intensified.

My heart pumped faster. I propped my elbows on my knees as my head tilts back, resting against my closet door.

I knew I needed to think this through and be strategic. But every time I tried, my mind swiped clean. But I was undeterred. 

No more feeling sorry for myself. It's time to get out of this hellhole.

___________________________

A/N > THAT LAST LINE THOUGH 

Votes/Comments, much appreciated xx

- kya h. ∞