Hunters

A/N: Just to remind you guys again this is not my story. It is by RavenNM from fanfiction.net the link is in the description of the story. Hope you guys support RavenNM.
Like
Comment
Follow

General POV

The next night, Lucy felt lighter than she had since Takuma's birthday party. The hunters hadn't stormed the dorm to kidnap or kill her, Takuma's grandfather hadn't ordered them to break up, and she was still living with her friends in the Moon Dormitory. At that moment, all seemed right with the world and she was determined to enjoy it as much as she could before the next inevitable disaster came about.

As they left the dorm that night, Lucy was just as animated as Aidou usually was while still holding onto her boyfriend's hand. The Day Class boys and girls still refused to accept their relationship, but were not hostel about it. The girls would glare at her with jealousy and envy while the boys would send the same kind of glares at Takuma but look longingly at her. It was almost entertaining.

Not long after they got to class, Zero was there to see her. Though she hadn't had a chance to speak with him in days, she could tell that he was more collected than before. She hoped that meant he was taking the blood tablets and had control over his hunger.

"Hi, Zero!" She greeted him in her usual cheery fashion, all the while hoping that she wasn't over-doing it. Since he was doing better, she didn't want to let on that she knew about him being a vampire.

"The Headmaster wants to speak with you about something before you begin tonight," he told her.

"Sure," she smiled as she began to skip past him. As the door closed behind her, she was surprised to find that Zero was walking along with her. "You don't have to escort me if you don't want to. I promise I won't get lost."

"I was told to that he wanted to speak with me after he was done talking to you," he said without even looking at her.

As Lucy continued to walk with him, she realized that she wasn't scared of him the way she had been scared of the others when she had first arrived at Cross Academy. She couldn't say specifically why that was, but was sure that it had something to do with the fact that he had been forced into his predicament against his will. Plus, he just struck her as someone that she could rely on... Strange, considering that he had lost control and attacked Yuuki. But then, Aidou had also attacked Yuuki and she trusted him. And Hikaru had attacked her and she trusted him with her life.

"You know, Zero, I'm glad to see and talk to you again," she said before she could stop herself. "I miss having lunch with you and Yuuki, I think we should start doing that again. And I know that it was almost always us girls doing all the talking, but I liked hearing your opinions in the mix. If I made lunch for us next Monday, would you come?"

He closed his eyes and suppressed a grimace. "I don't see why we should. You made your choice when you and Takuma-"

"That's not fair, Zero!" She snapped at him as she grabbed his sleeve and pulled him to a stop, forcing him to look at her. "There was a reason I decided to be with Takuma, and that was your hatred towards vampires!"

He wanted say something, but she didn't give him chance.

"It's not like I don't understand why you hate vampires. You're a hunter, so you're meant to kill them." She couldn't help but look away from him as she continued to speak. "But I can tell there's more to your hate than just being a hunter, something personal. You haven't told me about it and I promise I won't hound you about it either. But you have to realize that I live with vampires, most of my friends are vampires, and I doubt that's going to change any time soon. And to have a boyfriend who hates my friends..." she shook her head, "it would have made everyone uncomfortable."