Demonstration

A/N: Just to remind you guys again this is not my story. It is by RavenNM from fanfiction.net the link is in the description of the story. Hope you guys support RavenNM.
Like
Comment
Follow

General POV

"The rules for the demonstration are as follows," Kaname said if a firm voice so everyone could hear.

The entire Night Class was gathered in a clearing a small distance from the school and a greater distance from the Sun Dorm so they would be less likely to attract attention from the Day Class students.

Lucy hadn't expected Kaname to agree to the magic battle demonstration so easily, but he had seemed pleased with the idea. Then she had thought Head Master Cross would be against it, but he was there with a camera to record the entire thing, jumping around in excitement for the battle to begin. Even Yuuki and Zero were there to watch. But this was more than just a demonstration for her. She wanted to prove to herself that she wasn't defenseless against vampires, that she could fight back and be safe. If she could do that, then maybe she wouldn't be scared anymore.

"Firstly, this is a demonstration and not a life or death battle, so there will be no attempts to kill each other," Kaname said as he looked from Aidou to Lucy, who were in the middle of the clearing while the rest of the Night Class were lined up around the edges. "Secondly, there is to be no outside interference, Lucy is only permitted to use her magic and Hanabusa is only permitted to use his powers.

"Third, because of our ability to heal putting Lucy at a disadvantage, a handicap has been put in place. If Hanabusa attempts to or succeeds in biting or partaking in Lucy's blood, he will automatically loose and the match is over. So this will also be a test of control over his instincts. And finally, I am the judge for this demonstration and I will decide who wins and if any rules have been broken. Are there any questions?"

There was silence throughout the crowd as they looked on with abated breath. Giving a nod, Kaname walked to the sidelines and looked out at the vampire and the mage in the clearing. "The demonstration will now begin."

Neither Lucy or Aidou wanted to make the first move, they were watching each other.

"What's wrong, Lucy? I thought you were looking forward to this," Aidou said, trying to bate her into attacking. She didn't fall for it as she just continued to smile at him.

Trying to appear unfazed, Aidou placed both hands behind his head and arched his back to appear as if he was stretching. "What do you say we make this a little more interesting?"

"What did you have in mind?" She asked him, watching his body for any sudden movements.

"I really liked those cookies you made today but I didn't like that you shared them. So when I win, you have to bake me a dessert every day for two weeks and no one can have them but me," he grinned at her.

Lucy was barely able to hold back her giggle. After telling Aidou what she had planned, she had only let him have one more cookie before sending him out of the kitchen. That night on the way to class, she had given bundles of cookies to Takuma, Hikaru, Yuuki and Zero as a thank you for helping her while she was getting past her fears. Takuma and Yuuki had smiled brightly and thanked her. Hikaru had thanked as well but didn't smile, though she had noticed a quirk at the corner of his mouth. Zero had looked surprised but didn't say anything as he put the wrapped bundle of cookies in his pocket. Needless to say, Aidou had huffed when she hadn't given him one.

"That's not too difficult, I agree." Then she was grinning at him, in a way that made him nervous. "I'm sure that you've noticed that I didn't bring much in the way of clothes with me from my world and I don't like wasting my magic just to have Virgo bring me clothes from the Celestial World. So, when I win, you are going to take me shopping and you are not allowed to complain about it."