Back Home

A/N: Just to remind you guys again this is not my story. It is by RavenNM from fanfiction.net the link is in the description of the story. Hope you guys support RavenNM.
Like
Comment
Follow

Fairy Tail Guild

General POV

Natsu was doing all he could to keep Igneel and Fury out of striking distance of each other as the three of them made their way to the guild. The twins were having another one of their fights and it was his job to keep them from taking things too far. Last time he had accidently let that happen, they had destroyed half of the guild and he and Lisanna had gotten stuck paying for the repairs. If it were up to him, he would just let them fight, but Lis insisted on some semblance of control in their family.

When they finally got to the guild, he was surprised to see everyone hustling around. It confused him at first until Lis jumped out of the crowd and wrapped him and the boys in a bone crushing hug.

"She wrote back! Lucy wrote back to us!" She cheered before giving him a kiss.

His eyes went wide as he sought out Yukino and Rouge to confirm what Lis had said. The white haired celestial mage were sitting at the bar and eating something while the shadow dragon slayer kept everyone a safe distance from his pregnant mate. He didn't dare approach them, knowing full-well how Rouge would react to another dragon slayer coming close to his mate. So instead, he started scanning the room for the letter.

Erza was in possession of a large envelope and was keeping it out of everyone's reach. "We shall wait until everyone is here before opening Lucy's letter," she announced in a stern voice. Then she looked up and saw Natsu, and a excited smile stretched across her face. "Alright, everyone is now here so I will read the letter!"

A cheer went up as the scarlet haired woman walked up to the second floor and opened the envelop. She pulled out multiple photos and started passing them around as she started reading the letter.

Dear Fairy Tail,

I could not believe the news when Loke told me that fourteen years had passed there while it has only been two weeks here. I'm sorry for missing so many important events back home: birthdays, weddings, baby showers, and Laxus becoming the new Master of Fairy Tail. It hurt to know that I wasn't there. When I found out that Gray and Master Makarov had passed away since I've been gone, it broke my heart, especially Gray.

I may not have loved Gray the way that Juvia always said I did, but he was my teammate, one of my best friends, and like my big brother. To me, it was only a few weeks ago that I saw him fighting with Natsu, and Juvia was following him around every turn. I can't imagine the guild without them. Since it might be a while before I get back, if at all, please put some flowers on his grave for me.

Laxus, please know that your grandfather was the fatherly figure in my life that I have always wanted and I will always be indebted to him for giving me a home. I also know that you hate being compared to your grandfather, but I will say this: I know that the two of you share the same big heart and that is what you truly need to be the best master of the most powerful guild in all of Fiore. Master Makarov left some big shoes to fill, but I think that you will have no problem filling them, you might even have to stretch them a bit to make them fit. Don't ever doubt that you are Master of Fairy Tail because of who you are instead of who you are related to; but if you do, look to Mira and she'll knock some sense into you.

Erza paused her reading to look over at where Laxus and Mira were sitting together. The take-over mage was already crying, but it was Laxus who was holding onto her for support. It was always a rare sight to see the lightning dragon slayer show vulnerability, but this was one of those occasions where he didn't bother to wear a mask. And it was all because of Lucy.