Lessons

A/N: Just to remind you guys again this is not my story. It is by RavenNM from fanfiction.net the link is in the description of the story. Hope you guys support RavenNM.
Like
Comment
Follow

Zero POV

"So what do you know about this new girl?" Yuuki asked her father, Head Master Cross.

"Not much, I'm afraid. Kaname only told me that her arrival was very abrupt and that she is in need of protection, which this school and the Night Class are prepared to provide for her. He also said that her situation is very unique." Cross said, sitting at his desk.

The whole situation seemed suspicious to me. I hate Kaname, but the monster always followed the protocols that the Head Master had established for the Night Class. Bringing in this girl with hardly any notice and no background was just strange.

"Did either of you see her while the Night Class was on their way here?"

"I saw her," Yuuki said, a thoughtful expression on her face. "She seemed friendly but really nervous and scared. I noticed that Hikaru was staying close to her."

"She didn't seem much like a vampire," I said without really meaning to.

"Why do you say that?" Cross asked me.

I wanted to ignore his question, but I kept talking. "I don't know, there was just something about her that seemed... not like them. It's hard to describe."

When someone knocked on the door, I was actually relieved for once that Kaname had arrived. He entered first, holding the door open for the blonde girl. Now that she was close, I could see her chocolate brown eyes and I nearly gasped in surprise. There was no sheen to them that was common for vampires. And now that she wasn't surrounded by other vampires, I could easily tell that she wasn't one of them.

But what really shocked me was the power I felt pulsing from her. It was strong, almost overpowering and felt as if she was pulling me toward her without meaning to. And her scent... My throat suddenly felt dry and my head ached as my body clamored with need.

Not now, not in front of everyone. Control yourself! After a few deep breaths, I opened my eyes and was shocked to see that the blonde girl was in front of me, concern written all over her face.

"Are you okay? It looked like you were having a panic attack."

Scowling at her, I stepped away to lean against the far wall and crossed my arms over my chest. Her eyes didn't leave me, the entire time.

"Welcome to Cross Academy, I am Head Master Cross."

"Hi, my name is Lucy Heartfilia. It's nice to meet you," she said, giving off that brighter than sunshine smile again.

"Heartfilia... I can't say that I know of any vampire aristocratic families that go by that name. Are you a lost lineage?"

The girl gasped and her face turned red. If I had had any doubts before, they were gone now. Whoever and whatever this girl was, she wasn't a vampire. So what was she doing joining the Night Class?

"I'm not a vampire! I... um... I'm not exactly human either but..." she trailed off.

"I'm confused, if you're not a vampire but not human, what are you?" Cross asked.

"I... well... I'm not from this world. I'm a mage from a place called Fiore. I was sent here by a dark mage in an effort to kill me."

All of us had to wearing identical expressions of confusion. At least everyone except Kaname and Lucy. A mage from another world? That's not possible!