"You better not screw this up", Claire muttered to Kevin. He scoffed at her, waiting for everyone to get in order. Six guys hauled the crate off the back of the train and unto a large trolley. Kevin turned on the GPS and began his walk, expecting everyone to follow him.

¤¤¤

They had been walking for nearly an hour without stopping to rest. Claire was the only one with the guts to ask if they could stop and rest, but she was more determined to get to where they were going than Kevin.

They were in the middle of the thick woods, caught between tall stems and noisy woodland animals. The ground was muddy and wet; signs of recent rain. Claire trudged behind Kevin. She was as uncomfortable as could be, fanning flies away from her body.

"It's right after this clearing", Kevin announced. "There's a road".

Sure enough, just behind the bushes was a paved but empty road.

"You did something right for once", Claire commented.

"An honor you'll never get", Kevin retorted. Claire was about to reply him, but was silenced by what she saw next. Opposite them stood a wide cream-coloured mansion with long white pillars and Moroccan-style windows. The driveway was lined by beautiful purple and white gardenias. It led up to a little fountain with a dolphin spout.

"Wow", was all she could say. Kevin smirked as he crossed the road and led several others with him.

"Kevin!", Robin called out. He paused and spun around to face her. "Everyone is going to spread out. They said they'll be here on Monday for the full moon", she informed him.

He nodded in affirmative. "That's good". He looked around the compound, "I'm going to wait for Naylor before I go in".

"Don't have to tell me twice", Claire declared as she charged towards the grand staircase at the front door. Once she conquered the massive stairs, she clasped the door handle and pushed. The door was open.

She peered into the building. The door led into a hallway. The first left was a laundry room. On the right was a coffee room. There was the kitchen and then the dining room. At the end of the hallway, there was a large living room with three chandeliers and three sofa settings. It was beyond amazing. Claire couldn't keep her jaws hinged. Behind the living room stood two curved staircases facing each other.

She wasn't ready for the upper floor. She was too gobsmacked.

She heard the front door and turned swiftly to face her glorified brothers. "Kevin! How the he'll did you get this place?".

He smirked. "Dad took care of it... before he left". Claire sighed.

"It's perfect", Naylor looked at Claire. "Don't you think?". She nodded.

"I'm going to go bag a room", she informed them. She high-tailed up the stairs and made her escape.

"Robin's staying here with us", Kevin told Naylor. Just as he did, Robin walked through the front door with the same expression that Claire had on her face. She chuckled lightly.

"Definitely better on the inside", she commented after throwing a duffel bag on the floor. Toby flung the door open. He was carrying a few bags and dropped them on the ground.

"Thanks man", Naylor said as he gave him an appreciative pat on the back.

"I don't mean to spoil the moment but we have got to start getting ready for the full moon... new town and all", Robin pointed out. Naylor and Kevin exchanged worried glances.

"There aren't any residencies for miles", Toby pointed out. "We can turn freely in the woods".

"It's too dangerous", Kevin said. "We don't know the town well enough-"

"In that case, I think it's time I made a visit into the town", Naylor said. He lifted his duffel from the pile and headed up the stairs.

"The town's this way, brother", Kevin joked. Naylor rolled his eyes and disappeared.

"I have to go", Toby informed them as he backed out of the parlour. Robin and Kevin were left in the living room. After a moment of silence, Robin spoke up.

"Do you think this will work?", she asked Kevin.

He sighed. "Even if we make a home here, Robin, things will never be the same. The sooner you accept it, the sooner we can move on". Robin bit her bottom lip. She couldn't hide that it hurt her. She didn't want to move on. She wanted to be happy.

"Always the eternal pessimist", she joked. Kevin chuckled lightly whilst focusing on the ground.

"It's better to face the truth. That's what I do", he said with a blank expression on his face. Robin squinted at him. She knew something was wrong. He was hurting because the house reminded him of his dad. She could figure him out like a jigsaw puzzle. She wanted to help him, but he didn't care much for being helped.

Naylor jogged down the staircase with a leather jacket over his black tee. "Stay here with Claire and Robin", he said to Kevin.

"More like we'll stay here with him", Robin snickered as she flopped down on the couch behind her. Kevin narrowed his eyes at her.

Naylor was about to leave when Kevin stopped him. "What? Are you going to walk?", he asked. He looked at him like he was crazy.

"I've got my car, idiot", Naylor said.

"You brought your car?", Kevin inquired in shock.

"I shipped it here. I didn't sign with my name though, so we wouldn't be traced", Naylor said as he straightened his jacket and retrieved his keys. Kevin stared at him in awe, filled with regret and awe. He had felt so proud of himself for bringing them home, but Naylor made him feel stupid at the moment.

Naylor waited for him to say something, but when he didn't, he proceeded to the driveway. He was far too anxious to see the new town they had declared their home. Each and every street corner.

~~~~~

Author's Note.
Hi, once more. If you like the story so far, pleeeeaaaase vote and share #TheDayOfTheTribe with other Wattpaders.

I appreciate your votes and comments so very much. Also, go read The Heartbreak Chronicles here on Wattpad. She has even published one of the books in the trilogy. It's great. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong or how I can improve.

P. S.

Song choice- Life for Rent by Dido.

Also, TVD and The Originals fans, gear up for Thursday. Season 7 and season 3 premieres!!!!

Mo.