chapter 3

*Elizabeth POV*

"Lizzy, it's okay! That guy is a fool if he chose Daisy over you," Janet stroked my back trying to calm me down.

"relax babe, Ben had asked you out! Ben Armstrong! Gosh, you do remember that he's the hottest guy around?" Diana consoled me making me feel a bit better.

"actually, second hottest now since Rome is in the picture," Lola casually chimed in making me insecure again.

"Lola! You had to open up your big mouth?" Diana exclaimed at her.

"not my problem, I only tell the truth," Lola defended herself.

Lola should have been the mirror in the snow white!

'Truth my foot!' I wanted to shout at her face.

"okay, now have your lunch, you don't wanna faint in the evening," Diana pushed my tray further towards me encouragingly.

"yup! You are the most delicate human alive!" Janet chuckled trying to lighten up my mood by changing the topic. My body could take anything until I didn't miss a balanced meal; else I was more delicate than a platinum rod in standard hydrogen electrode.

I started having my food listening to the mindless chattering of the girls.

"girls you know what? I think Walter is so into me!" Lola shrieked jumping up and down like a jolly kid.

"by Walter you mean Walter Milton?" Janet inquired making Lola nod her head eagerly.

"you sure?" she confirmed skeptically.

"yup, yup! Walter Milton! He offered to help me out in calculus! I didn't even eye him and he came all the way offering his help!" Lola sighed dreamily.

"but that doesn't prove that he's into you. Maybe he's being kind and gentleman," Diana interjected.

"Diana Ferren Fresnel! I know when a guy likes me and you know exactly for how long I've been crushing on him?" Lola replied irately.

"okay okay! Calm down Lola. I want to live a longer life than this. We are in peace," Diana raised her hands above in mock surrender making us all laugh. I don't know what I would have done without these girls.

***************

I picked out my physics books and slammed the locker shut feeling my body stiffen due to the knowledge that the locker opposite to mine belonged to that creep and the fact that he may show up anytime now, wasn't helping much. I wasn't ready to face him yet after he put me through that situation. And today's dose that I've already got was very much enough for me.

I quickly gathered my things as I started walking for my next class.

"Elizabeth! Lizzy!" someone kept calling my name making my heart skip a beat on the thought that he was the one calling my name. I froze on my spot as someone walked up to me. I couldn't believe it! What was I thinking? Disappointment and relaxation engulfed me as a ear to ear smiling Liam came into my view.

"you okay there?" his features displayed worry taking me in my rigid form. I tried composing myself and forced a smile while I nodded in reply not trusting my voice.

"did I come at a wrong time or something?" he inquired while that cute frown not leaving his face.

I cleared my throat before replying, "I'm good. Just wasn't expecting you."

"if you were expecting someone else, I shall go now," disappointment laced his voice.

"no, Liam. I'm fine. It's fine. I wasn't expecting anybody. So, you wanted something?" I eyed him as we started to walk again.