Twelve

I'm gonna try to stretch this part out to sixteen chapters. So you've got a little bit more time to enjoy lol

Picture of Ambrose, Rexell, and Zoryn!

XOXO

Firelipz♥

Chapter Twelve

KAI

The humans have attacked.

The right wall of the Community was completely destroyed. There were smaller explosions happening everywhere. Wolves were running and screaming. Somewhere in the mix, I lost Mel and Jackson. But I couldn't worry about that.

Drew was barely hanging on. His eyes were glazed over and his body was limp in my arms. I had to get him to the den but it was too dangerous to travel out there right now.

I stopped in the forest, away from the chaos and laid him down at the base of a tree.

"Kai...can't...fight it...anymore," Drew panted.

"It's okay love, you can shift," I told him, smoothing the sweaty locks of hair from his face. His body morphed into his original form. He laid on his side, his stomach rising and falling rapidly as his tongue fell out of his mouth.

If he kept fighting the change, it would negatively affect the birth of the pups.

"We're going to get you to the den, okay?"

Drew watched me through the corner of his eye, panting heavily. He wasn't going to be able to walk, so I'd have to carry him.

I looked around the trees, making sure the coast was clear before lifting the pregnant Wolf into my arms and hurrying to our den.

When we reached the den, I set Drew down so he could wriggle inside. I hurried in after him before he could rip Robin to pieces. When I dug the den, I made it big enough to hold multiple people comfortably, as well as fit some necessary items in there. Knowing that he'd want to be somewhere in a corner and beneath something, I made a little cot of towels underneath a table in the corner.

Drew immediately went to attack Robin, who sat in the dirt as far away from my mate as possible.

"Easy, Drew. Easy," I warned.

He growled at me.

I nudged him towards the towels. He circled the spot before laying down gently. His tongue was hanging out of his mouth again as he panted and watched me.

And that's how it went for a while until he started to whimper. High pitched cries left his mouth. They sounded terribly pained.

"What's wrong with him?" I demanded.

"You have to stay calm. He's in pain, a lot of pain, but that's to be expected during births. As long as you stay calm, it will help him. Try to comfort him," Robin instructed.

I sat beside my mate who watched me with big brown eyes. Another shriek of pain left his muzzle.

"It's okay Drew. Everything is going to be fine, okay? You're strong, you can get through this. Just hold on, okay?"