Six

Hey guys. Here is another one for you. I will admit, this chapter made me kind of sad. But enjoy anyway.

This chapter is dedicated to @Desireeluzzolino because they are always there to lift my spirits. They are a devoted reader and commenter. It makes me so happy to include them in my writing career.

PICTURE OF DREW'S ULTRASOUND!

XOXO

Firelipz

Chapter Six

KAI

It seemed a little unreal.

We've been planning for days, but I honestly didn't think that the rescue would go so smoothly. Well, kind of. There were still a few Omegas that we weren't able to reach in time and it killed me inside. Those were mates to Alphas that felt just as I did when Drew was gone. It just didn't seem fair. But we weren't going to give up on them. They still needed our help.

And so far. The humans don't know that Stonem, Robin, and Vince are traitors. What they do know is that Christos is gone and they are furious which could pose a huge problem in the future.

As for the Alpha, I didn't know what to think of him just yet. There was something different about him and it wasn't just his creepy eyes. It was different from us, almost as if he were a Beta...but that was impossible because I could tell the moment I saw him that he was an Alpha. He emanated the hormones like any natural born Wolf. And I knew that it was impossible for the humans to create Alphas.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something off. He didn't seem like a threat though and Drew seemed to trust him...kind of. He told me all about the story between the new Alpha and his friend Asa. It was actually pretty horrible. But there was more to it than what everyone saw because the way that Alpha doted on the Omega mimicked how I treated Drew.

I didn't want to judge him just yet but I was still keeping my guard up.

I was also glad that Nash and Jackson got back safely, though the human bitch managed to escape. I'd catch up to her soon enough so I didn't really worry about it too much at the moment. I was a little suspicious about the disappearance of Asher and Cymon. The Elders called them back for some reason, right before they were to return to the hideout. I had Nick on their case. I didn't trust them.

But out of all, the best thing to happen to me, was the return of my beautiful mate. When I first saw him in the facility, I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment. I thought I was hallucinating again, but no, there he was, looking as gorgeous as ever. His hair grew out a little and he was looking a bit thin except for around his midsection. It didn't even occur to me that he could be pregnant. Not until he told me. And I swear, that was one of the happiest moments in my life.

Though the bruises that colored his skin worried me. How could they treat a pregnant Omega so horribly? Wasn't their entire purpose dedicated to creating offspring from the Omegas? All of the Omegas that we saved looked horrible, as if they had been starved and beaten on a daily basis.

It was monstrous.

I noticed most of the bruises and scrapes when we took a bath together. As he lowered down into the water, I saw them all along his legs and back.

"Drew..." I brushed along his spine and he flinched.

"It's nothing. I wasn't hurt as badly as the others. I was lucky."

I pulled him tight against chest and buried my face into his neck, inhaling the scent I missed the most.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized.