Chapter 23 - What are we?

| V i o l e t t a |

Monday came by sooner than I had hoped. It was time to go to the Studio and face Leon, and the mess I had left behind with him.

After my usual morning routine I put on a casual denim skirt and a top that I thought fit with it, let my hair at its natural state, which was not straight, neither curly, but wavy, and went downstairs for breakfast.

No one was there though, not today. I called for Olga or Ramallo, yet they were gone too. I drank a glass of fresh orange juice and ate an apple just so I wouldn't go without eating or drinking anything to the Studio, and decided to leave.

It was dark outside, the sky was clouded and it looked like it would rain one way or another. I enjoyed the rain quite a lot, and so the weather didn't bother me that much.

| L e o n |

My gaze was on her from the moment she entered the Studio. Our eyes met for no more than a second and then she looked away, walking towards class with rather quick steps.

I sighed to myself, disappointed with how our relationship turned out in a spin of a moment. It's both surprising and pitiful how a simple sentence can change everything. In our case, how a question can ruin all the progress we had made during that night.

I will be truthful. It was the most fun I had had in a long time. Of course, the guys always make me feel better when I think about her and our split, but nothing actually tops those moments with her, those few minutes and this time hours I had the incredible chance to spend with her. She was the spark I was missing all these years, and yet I managed to lose her by my own mistake.

This was the second time I screwed things up, and I don't even know if there is an after anymore.

"What got you in this mood, huh?" Federico brought me to reality, standing before me with the slightest smirk on his face.

The nerve he had.. He probably knew what went down, but still decided to show up and throw it on my face.

"Piss off, Federico. I don't need your annoying comments." I grumbled, and made a move to walk away. This time, Diego showed up and and stopped me.

Great, the other one who was in the trick.

Diego though, looked like he was actually interested, "What happened between you two?" He repeated Federico's question.

"Your friend probably already knows. Ask him," I motioned to Federico and tried to step aside. He put a hand on my chest and I shook my head, letting out another sigh.

Federico nodded, "Well.. Yeah, I do. But I want to hear your side as well."

I glared at him, one of the glares I had mastered over the years. "Why don't you go and support her, huh? Leave me at peace for once."

He chuckled, and I bet you it was ironic. Diego looked between the two of us, rolling his eyes. "You're behaving like children. Stop it. Now Leon, talk. How did it go?"

My eyes flickered between the two of them. Shaking my head, I gave in. "Fine." Federico clapped his hands in victory while Diego folded his arms together, waiting. "After you couldn't make it, we ate dinner together at the place we were supposed to go," This was directed to Diego mainly, because him and I had agreed to go to that restaurant. Diego nodded, eager to know the rest.

"It was.. I don't know. I can't really find the words. I missed her, oh I did. Incredibly much." I went on, ignoring the smirks that were on both of their faces, "After dinner, we went to the beach and found your little basket," I glanced at Federico, and he shrugged nonchalantly. He knew exactly what I was talking about. "We had made so much progress and I really felt like things were going well. Then.. Then I asked her something I shouldn't have, and she.. she ran away." My eyes fell to the floor, and I pulled a hand through my hair.