Chapter 16 - Jealous?

V i o l e t t a

It's been a week.

A long, eventful week, since the day Leon and I broke up. He tried to apologize once more after he said he wouldn't again, but then he stopped, suddenly, like he didn't care. I was both grateful and disappointed at the same time. Grateful because, I needed space, and disappointed because, he didn't fight more for me.

Yes, I'm in that kind of girls.

These past few days have been really tough. I didn't want to speak to anyone, I barely even talked in class, and stayed all day in my room after returning home. It was bad, really bad.

The other thing that added to my list of problems was that, dad knew. Angie told him and then apologized to me with the excuse that 'he is my dad and deserves to know the truth'. To be honest, it wasn't fair hiding it from him, but I didn't want him to find out either.

It was another silent morning at breakfast, this time Angie joining us to eat. She was one of the people that stood by my side every single time I needed her, and I was thankful for that.

I checked the time on my phone and then focused on my breakfast, which was a delicious-looking omelette and a cup of tea. I dug deep into my food, ignoring everyone around me.

"Morning, Vilu." Dad said and I averted my eyes momentarily from the food to him. I stayed quiet and returned peacefully to my beloved breakfast.

I heard him sigh, but I didn't look up at him. "Violetta.. I know and understand completely that you can't just simply forget him," He said the word him and his voice was dripping poison, "But, it's been a week. You need to move on."

Does he think that it's that easy?

"Sweetheart, it's not the end of the world. He didn't appreciate you, but someone else surely will. Your true love will come." Angie made a fail attempt to cheer me up.

I glared at her. Ha, true love. As if.

"Even if I don't agree.. It will happen one day.." Dad mumbled and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. I had a feeling that wouldn't be much appreciated.

I didn't answer once again and went back to my food. They gave up trying to get me to talk, and the rest of breakfast was spent in silence.

- - -

I wanted to spend the day alone. Or the morning, more likely. That was the reason I walked to the Studio. Someone would say, didn't she learn anything from the last time?, and I would answer, no. A little bit of time with myself was exactly what I needed these days.

Approaching the Studio, I could make out two figures sitting on a bench outside and talking rather loudly. As I came closer, much to my disappointment and curiosity, it was Leon and, guess who? Ludmila.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Was this guy for real? He had apologized to me God knows how many times and there, I find him all lovey dovey with Ludmila?

I hid behind a tree near the bench they were sitting, and eavesdropped. Because, let's face it, I wanted to know what it was they were talking about.

"..Okay, but Violetta mustn't find out." I heard Leon say. What is he on about?, I thought confused.

A high pitched, probably annoyed voice answered, "Lion, do I really have to do this?"

"Yes you do, now let's go." I heard him say sternly and soon enough, their footsteps were far away.

I don't know what came over me.. It was a weird feeling. A mix of anger, disappointment, but also sadness. It was a foreign feeling and I don't think that I was familiar with it, but I had a feeling we would become the best of friends..