Chapter Fourteen

Bria was pulled from sleep by Dakota slamming her door open.

"Get up, we only have a half hour to get ready," barked Dakota as she threw some clothes on her bed.

Pulling the comforter off her head Bria opened one eye and stared at the clock. She had never been a morning person, so 5 am was out of the question. Only for Alex was she willing to get up that early.

After a five minute shower, and packing her clothes, she had a quick breakfast during which she fell asleep three times. After stuffing all the supplies into the trunk of Dakota station wagon, Bria moved towards the front seat.

"Oh no, you're in the back," Dakota barked again.

Upon Bria giving her a death stare, she pointed at the back passenger door.

"He may want to talk about what's going to happen so I need him up front."

It only took five minutes after getting in the car for Bria to fall back to sleep. Later she woke up the second she heard a car door slam.

"Alex," she cried looking around not seeing the man she was desperate to be with. The front passenger seat was empty. Instead, the seat next to her had been filled with a freckled, brown haired, muscular man.

"Bria I'm sure you remember guy, he will be helping us with Alex's first time."

Grumpily she shook his hand before laying back and closing her eyes again. She awoke once more when she heard a familiar voice.

"So is this guy, your boyfriend?" said Alex sarcastically from the front seat looking even more hostile than Bria felt.

"Alex, you came."

Bria reached our a hand and put it on his shoulder to greet him, but he just brushed it off, giving her a look that could kill.

Devastated she slumped into her seat against the seat belt. It hurt for him to be that angry with her, but also because she had been stupid to think that he would get over it in a few days. However, this weekend was exactly as Dakota had pointed out, a chance for her to mend the damage she caused. She was just going to have to be as supportive as possible and watch her step.

"This is our friend, his name is Guy, he has helped us with people's first full moon for years. And we find it's easier for the person if they can talk to someone they can relate too. So if you need to talk about the changes, you will be going through he is here."

Dakota smiled at Alex welcomingly, and Bria could tell that she was going to put her heart into getting him through this ordeal. Alex however just scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Jeez you make it sound like I'm going through puberty or something, and not turning into a bloodthirsty monster."

Dakota started fuming, being someone who never responded well to being chastised when she was trying to help.

"Let's just get this over with," she growled as she abruptly change lanes cutting off the car behind them.

Alex turned and stared out the window, however from where she sat Bria could see his reflection in the window. He was looking pale again, which was common for someone nearing their first full moon. Unfortunately, it reminded her of when he had been dying, and she felt a wave of guilt wash over her. She had tried her hardest to ignore the fact that she had betrayed Alex's trust, even if it was to save his life. She had been a Lycan long enough to know that no one should have the condition forced on them because it often ended badly.

For ten minutes, they sat in silence, till Bria heard a noise from the front seat.

"Alex did you have breakfast?" she asked concerned.