Chapter Four

The park that was a few blocks away was alive with activity that day. Children were playing on the grass, people swimming in the lake, and even old folks playing chess in the shade of the trees. Bria and Alex walked to the mouth of the river that ran into the lake. There was a wooden bridge that overlooked the entire body of water. They decided to stop there and watch the world go by for a while. However after a few minutes Bria started to get bored, so she moved up next to Alex, who was watching some ducks teaching their young to swim.

Bria raised her arms as if stretching, then with a yawn she rested her head on his shoulder. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Alex blush looking uncomfortable. She was a straightforward person so if he didn't want the attention all he had to do was decline. She had never felt responsible when a guy didn't feel comfortable, it was not her problem men had trouble saying no to it.

"Let's go sit down," Alex suddenly insisted moving out from under her head.

He walked over to a bench on the lake bank that was under a lovely weeping willow. Sighing Bria followed him, sitting down so close to him that they were touching.

"Are you always this forward on a first date."

Bria grinned and turned her body to face him, she was rather enjoying herself. It had been a long time since she had found a man this intriguing, so why be limited by personal space. Besides it had been even longer since she had been close to someone.

"Whats the matter, do you find it intimidating?" she asked innocently.

She looked directly into his eyes, daring him to kiss her. When he looked away his face turning red, she put her hands on his shoulders.

"Is there something you want to do?" she asked trying to hide her smile.

Alex turned his head even more, but she could make out a trace of a smile on his face. So he wanted to play; that was fine with her.

"I'll admit I'm straightforward, but I like nothing better than a guy who is the same way."

Bria knew that would do it, and sure enough he turned to face her and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

Bria smiled but was not satisfied with a weak kiss like that, she put one of her hands on the back of his head.

"Ah, can't you do better than that, that's not what I would settle for as a first kiss."

Alex smiled as he put his arms around her and joined his lips with hers. Bria not only enjoy the kiss that seemed to last forever, but being help close was something she had missed.

They kept at it till someone yelled,

"Get a room you two."

Blushing they pulled apart and looked away from one another. There was a sudden ding from Bria's purse, and she realized she had gotten a text. She snatched her phone from her purse and turned the screen on. There were at least six messages all from Jasmine, wondering if she was bringing lunch back at all. Sighing she knew it was time to go, however, she was not ready to say bye just yet.

"I got to go back to work, but I would like to hang out with you some more tonight, how about the Cavalcade lounge at let's say eight?"

Alex grinned and nodded, before taking her hand.

"See you at eight then," he beamed giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

Flashing him one last smile Bria headed out confident she had finally found someone with real potential.

_ _ _ _ _

Alex arrived at the bar fifteen minutes early; he found it was not a dive bar, but not exactly high class either. This had been surprising since they owner's had dressed up the outside to make it seem fancy, the inside, however, said differently. For one thing, everything was red, the carpet, the walls, and even the bar stools. It was a little overwhelming, not to mention slightly obnoxious.