Chapter Eleven

For a second Bria just stood still, as Alex's blood trickled into her mouth. However after a second of taking in what she had done a horrifying feeling flooded over her. Instantly she removed her jaws and released him from her grip. He swayed for a moment, his face contorted in agony; then he staggered backward into the wall. Slowly he slid down leaving a smear of blood on the floral wallpaper as he went.

Bria gagged as a sudden feeling of nausea came over her. After taking a few seconds to recover she slowly approached his crumpled form. Kneeling down she tentatively touched his face but pulled back when it caused him to shudder. His eyes looked at her imploringly as he managed to express his disbelief.

"How could you?"

So badly did Bria want to change back and explain to him why she had done this to him, but time was of the essence, she needed to move him before the metamorphosis began.

v

Alex struggled trying his best to push her off with both hands, but being transformed she had superior strength and greater weight to her advantage. The idea of Alex trying to get away from her was rather hard to swallow, but she is to tie herself that was the metamorphosis was over it would be okay. As she was considering how best to approach the problem, Alex stopped struggling. He looked down at his hands; his fingers were shaking as he tried to clench his fist. Then his knee began to tremble, and she got him back onto the bed before he could collapse.

Bria let out a sigh of relief as Alex went still since his entire body was seizing up. Bria decided to take this opportunity to grab her robe again. As she walked over to it, she slowly shifted back to her normal form. After putting on the robe and tying the sash, she moved back over to the bed to check on Alex's progress.

"Whuts hoppening," Alex demanded apparently already losing movement in his jaw. Sighing Bria decided the best approach was to stay positive and reassuring

"Not to worry is just your muscles seizing up. That's the first stage of the metamorphosis; it always starts with your muscles."

His eyes grew wide, and she could tell from his slight twitching that her words had not deterred him from trying to move. The good news was Bria now felt more in control of the situation. Lucky for her she had been through this before with others she had bitten.

With a loving smile on her face Bria sat down on the edge of the bed, she began to rub his chest comfortingly as she glanced at the clock.

"Shh, it's all right, Dakota will be back any minute. Then there will be nothing to worry about."

Her gentle touch seemed to lessen his fear, but now she could see the anger starting to build in his eyes. She knew she was going to have to deal with the fallout of her actions, but that was going to happen later.

After patting his chest, she got up and walked around the bed. She laid down next to him and snuggled close. Laying her head on his shoulder she whispered in his ear.

"I promise you everything is going to be okay, will get past this and then will be together."

For a few minutes, she closed her eyes and tried to relax before checking the clock on the wall. Dakota was running five minutes late already, and that could mean trouble for Alex. However Bria stuck to her one job, staying calm.

After five more minutes, Bria heard a car pull into the driveway.

"I'll be right back", she told Alex in a hushed tone before starting for the door. She ran into the hall and came to the door just as it opened.

"Sorry I'm late, there was an accident on the way back from Sherry's, and I had to pick up one last thing," said Dakota as she came in looking rather ruffled.