Chapter Five

Alex knocked his Bluetooth earpiece out as he pulled his best dress shirt over his head.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" he asked his cousin as he replaced the earpiece.

"I said you better give this some serious consideration," replied Roger, a hint of anxiousness in his voice.

"You have been dating this woman for a few months and I can tell that you are crazy about her but telling her something like that is a sure way to scare her away."

Alex knew he was right, but the last few months had been possibly the best in his entire life.

"Look, I am confident Bria is the kind of woman that can handle that kind of truth."

His cousin sighed and was starting to sound exasperated.

"First, wear the pants I got you for Christmas. Second, that's what you thought about Maxine, and you were even engaged to her."

Frustrated, Alex tried to pull on the pants he cousin had suggested but fell over onto the nightstand.

"Look I think she is capable of overlooking it. Besides you are the one that said I didn't have the luxury of time."

While Roger was silent, Alex looked out the window. The moon was nearly full and shown brightly. Finally, his cousin replied,"You're right, at this point no one has the right to tell you how to live your life."

"Thanks, Rog, well wish me luck."

Alex put down his Bluetooth and put on his blazer. All he could hope is that Bria would except him.

_ _ _ _ _

Bria growled in frustration as she straightened her hair to perfection.

"How about this one?" asked Dakota as she pulled a black dress out of Bria's closet.

"No, that is for seducing men, I don't need to do that I have my hooks in him. Besides, this place is classy, and I don't want to dress down."

Bria started to put on eye shadow while Dakota pulled out a red backless dress.

"This is the best you got so settle already," she barked throwing the dress on Bria's bed. It was so hard for her to concentrate when one big question remained on her mind.

"Dakota, I think I'm going to tell him tonight."

Dakota was so surprised that she dropped the hairbrush she had been holding.

"Okay, I get you are crazy for this guy, but you are just going to send him running, just wait a bit."

Bria new that waiting was the normal procedure, but she didn't want to get more attached to Alex just for him run away.

"Look girl, at this point in your relationship he won't want to hear it. However the longer you wait and the closer you get, the better chance he can just accept it," argued Dakota.

With a sigh, Bria resigned herself to Dakota's words and proceeded to put her red dress on. A half an hour later she was walking into a French restaurant, and was immediately shown to her table and found Alex was already there.

"Hi, you're just in time," Alex said getting up and pulling out her chair. Bria was pleased that she had snagged gentleman, but could not help noticing that he seemed extremely nervous. He was very quiet as they ordered drinks, and hors d'oeuvre .

Finally, she drained her wine; she was starting to get worried something was about to happen.

"Are you about to break up with me," Bria blurted out, fearing this was it.