Chapter 4

Syra:

I threw my uncle into his room and glared at him as he stumbled onto his bed in a daze.

He looked at me and squinted his eyes as if he couldn't see me clearly even though he was only six feet away from me.

I ignored it and slammed the door shut. "Ya have to be the worst king I have ever met." I growled at him, rubbing my sore temples and sighing.

He said nothing and I looked up to see him passed out on the bed.

I sighed heavily and left his room to enter my own across from his.

Once the door was closed I didn't hesitate to get undressed and throw myself into the bed.

It wasn't long until sleep overcame me and filled my dreaming thoughts of the beautiful elvish princess.

As soon as I woke the next morning I left my room and plastered my signature grin on my face and went on a hunt for my best friend.

"Oi, Daren!" I called as I saw him.

My best friend wasn't exactly a human. In fact he was half human and half fairy.

At six foot one and a lithe frame, he looked more faerie than human. His medium length lavender hair brushed his shoulders and his light blue eyes were larger than average.

The only human part of him was the fact he had no wings.

I had met him as a child, he had been my playmate. I've known him ever since I could remember and I would have it no other way.

I ran up to him as he turned toward me and I glomped him tightly. He sighed and tried to pry me off.

Key word: try.

He growled in annoyance and ripped me off of him.

I pouted for a second before grinning again and punching him lightly in the shoulder. "Where have ya been?" I asked him.

He rubbed his shoulder and smiled crookedly at me. "Everywhere. I've never been to Arïendrêsall, the city of elves. I've been sight-seeing." He explained, his cheeks slightly red in embarrassment.

"Ooh. What did ya see?" I asked him excitedly.

"Everything. From the simplest of houses to the most complicated structures. But the treasure of this city seems to not be a building but a person." He replied. His brows furrowed slightly in confusion.

"Everyone talks about the fabled beauty of the elven princess, the jewel of Arïendrêsall. Ayalisandre. Did you meet her in your visit with the King?" He asked hopefully.

A sly grin spread across my face and I began to laugh evilly. "Oh ya have no idea."

He backed away from me slightly and I immediately perked up and smiled sweetly. "Oh yes! She was so pertty and nice and kind and cute and adorable and sweet and-"

"Alright I get it!" Daren cried as he clamped his hands over my mouth to halt the flurry that was coming from it.

I bit his hand, causing him to yelp and jump away, releasing my mouth in the process.

"Haha." I said triumphantly as he cradled his injured hand. "That's what ya get."

He glared slightly at me at me, causing me to give him a closed eyed grin.

He sighed and gave up, instead deciding to return back to conversing with me.

"So now that the second kingdom is here, who is scheduled to arrive next?" He asked me.

My smile fell and he looked at me worriedly.

"Syra...?" He asked nervously, he reached out to me but I brushed his hand off, putting on a fake smile to prevent my craving of pickles.

"The third kingdom of course. The faerie." Now it was his turn to drop his smile.

Even though he was part faerie, that doesn't mean he was on good terms with them. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

Daren mother is human and his father is a faerie. The only problem is that his father is the Faerie King, which makes Daren his bastard son.

There have been many attempts on his life by the King's assassins but so far Daren has evaded them.

"Oi, Daren, let's go see Aya." I said to him, grabbing his arm and dragging him toward the her chambers.

"Who's Aya?" He asked me.

I turned to grin at him over my shoulder. "My destiny and my fate!"

He halted in his tracks, bringing me to a sudden stop as well.

"Are you sure?" He asked me, his voice laced with worry and uncertainty.

A long time ago, as children, my uncle had taken me to a seer. To determine my future.

The seer had warned me that my one true love would be my destiny. And also my fate. But by fate, he meant my end.

I looked up at Daren, grinning. "She's worth it."