He didn’t seem to hear my ending, but I could see his brain working out something. “Her leader...” he thought aloud. Then, it clicked. “Sam!” he said angrily. I guess anyone hurting her, like Sam did, was upsetting to him. I could feel the angry radiating off of him. Oh no. No one is going to transform in my house!

So I ran to Sam’s defense to calm Zevi down. “He’d found his mate Zevi! He found Emily! What if you were dating Heather and then found Leah? Wouldn’t you dump Heather? Or would you be dumb and stay with her while knowing you have a soul mate just waiting for you? Be sensible Z. Sam did what he needed to. Would you rather he stayed with her and marry her? Then you couldn’t have her at all.”

He calmed down and looked at me with sorry eyes. “Yeah I guess he did what was right. But I still don’t know what to do. She still hates me.”

I responded in a soothing tone. “I don’t think she hates you. She just doesn’t know what to do now that you’re here. I’ll talk to her. Just be comforting and not too forward. She’ll come around.”

He nodded and I started off in my search for Leah. I found her silently swinging outside on the giant swing on the porch looking off into the distance. I sat next to her but she didn’t even look over at my appearance.

“You’re here about him aren’t you?” She said, still not looking at me.

The wind whistled by, bringing down some of the last leaves of autumn. The place seemed surprisingly calm and peaceful even with all the chaos that was probably going on inside with having two werewolf packs inside. “Yes I am.” I answered after a few minutes of enjoying the silence.

“I don’t know what to do.”

“I know.”

“But I don’t want to hurt him. I always end up hurting people that are close to me.”

“You’re hurting him now by not being close to him.”

“Am I really?”

“Yes. I talked to him. He’s pretty upset.”

“It’s best he stays away though. He’ll only get hurt more.”

 “And how can you decide what’s best for him? The more you stay away the more he hurts. Trust me. I know too well.”

She stayed silent for awhile. Then she murmured “I’m afraid.”

I knew she had a hard time expressing how she felt to other people and to hear her be open was like an honor. “It’s okay to be afraid. Love is a scary thing. But I’ve known Zevi for a long time and he will do anything to avoid hurting you. Trust me.”

She turned to me with a small smile on her face. “okay.” With that, I went back into the house with a feeling of peaceful calmness.

That was until Randy ran right in front of me nearly knocking me over with a huge grin on his face and Sam (the girl) ran by yelling “Get back here Randy! Its mine give it back!” she was laughing while yelling it though so I decided to leave them be.

Seeing as there was nothing urgent that needed attending to, I went wherever my heart led to. I went to the kitchen. There I found Conner leaning against the counter eating a sandwich. To be brief, we said some small talk, kissed a couple times and ended up talking some more while sitting on the couch. (You can tell I’m lazy today XD)

Then I heard a rustling behind me and I saw Sam (the girl) dragging a suitcase down the stairs. “Ouch!” she screeched as it hit the floor with a thump, right on top of her toes.

“That’s all?” asked Mom coming down the stairs followed by Ann.

“Yep that’s all that we brought.” She replied, straightening up again. Randy, Ulric and Zevi followed down, propping up the suitcase next to the front door.

“You’re leaving so soon?” I asked sadly.

They nodded. “We’d really love to stay but little peanut is due for another checkup in a few days and I don’t want to miss it.” smiled Ann, looking lovingly down at her stomach. Only now did I see a small curve growing there.

“You’re having a baby?” I asked excitedly while coming near her to see it closer up. She nodded vigorously. “Boy or girl?”

“Boy.” Ulric answered with a grin upon his face.

“Aw, that’s awesome! But that doesn’t mean the rest of you have to go.” I said, gesturing upon the others.

“Well, actually I’m staying. I mean, if that’s okay with you boss.” He said, looking at Ulric.

“It’s fine.” Ulric replied with a gleam in his eye. I’m pretty sure he already guessed why Zevi was staying.

Zevi beamed. “Great.”

Ulric turned to Conner. “I’m already assuming you’re staying as well?”

“Yup.” Answered Conner, lounging on the couch. “I’m not letting this one out of my sight again.” He winked at me and I felt a blush creeping up so I quickly changed the subject.

“The rest of you still don’t have to go.” I protested.

“I’m sorry but we do. I only rented the truck for a week and I don’t want to pay overdue fees.” Said Mom, coming up and hugging me. “But I promise to visit. I really do want to see more of my new granddaughters.”

“okay.” I said giving in, while hugging her back.

She retracted and looked me in the eye. “Be strong.”

“I will.”

“And-” she looked over my shoulder at Conner “-be sure to make good love to him he deserves it.”

“Mom!” I exclaimed, turning a deep red. She smiled and I hugged and said good bye to the others.

“I’ll miss you all. Come to visit anytime you want!” I said, helping them out the door.

“We will!” called out Randy. I waved to them as they got into the truck and drove down the driveway.

Just as I got back into the house, I noticed the other pack gathering up as well. “Oh no. Don’t tell me you’re leaving as well!” I exclaimed.

Emily gave a sheepish smile while Sam replied “We need to go on patrol. Who knows what the vampires could’ve done while we had our backs turned.”

“I doubt they did anything.”

“Yeah, but we need to be sure.”

“Plus, we live only a couple miles away. You can see us anytime you like.” Smiled Emily.

“Well don’t forget that’s the same with you! You’re welcomed here anytime!” I said, hugging her.

She smiled and I looked up at Quil and Embry, the two big boys of the group and gave them hugs too. “Thanks the food. It was great!” they smiled.

I laughed. That’s the typical Quil and Embry for you. Always have food on the mind. “Well, you’re welcome.”

Zevi showed Leah to the door, with a heartfelt look on his face and she whispered “I’ll call you.” before turning to me. “Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep it in mind.”

I smiled. “No problem.” We hugged and before you know it, she, Embry, and Quil had transformed and ran off into the woods.

The remaining three, including Jared who didn’t say anything to me but gave a quick glance and a mumbled ‘thank you’, hopped into the truck and left leaving me with a much emptier house. I closed the front door behind me as I walked in. that’s when I noticed Seth had stayed, with an arm wrapped around Mirabelle.

It still didn’t make up for the ten people who’d left. I sat back down on the couch next to Conner. “It’s so empty and... quiet.”

“I know.” He said, staring at a blank TV screen. Now what?

************************************************

ok, so I FINISHED THE PROMO TRAILER FOR TARA'S STORY!!!!!. i just need to upload it onto youtube... expect it next chapter.

so, you know, the usual

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN