PHIL

I stood in the living room, peering to the mirror and fixing my black tie. I took a deep breath as I surveyed our- I mean my apartment.

It felt strange to call it my apartment; it seemed too big with out Dan wandering around, it even smelt like him. Every little thing reminded me of him, I'd see his laptop and the ache in my heart would become so painful I couldn't help but cry.

All I did was cry, it was pathetic.

As I realized I had completely zoned out, I noticed I was even crying now. I wiped the tear away with the back of my hand, sniffing as I walked into Dan's room.

Slowly, I entered the room for the first time since we left for Weymouth. It was still the same as we had left it. For some reason I had the feeling that I'd walk in to see Dan editing a video or watching an anime and the cold, harsh silence of the room brought me back to reality. I smoothed out a crease on his bed and sat down on it. The smell of him, that I had loved so much, clung to the sheets.

I didn't feel sad, I didn't feel anything. I was empty. I was a robot walking around Dan's room. The only thing I was aware of was the pain in my heart and the water running down my cheeks.

I heard a knock on my front door, making me jump. I dried my eyes, trying to slow my heart rate from the last scare.

I trudged down the endless stairs and flung open the door. Stood in the hallway infront of me was Jack Howard, he had dark bags under his bloodshot eyes and he had several cuts on his face from shaving.

He ran into my arms squeezing me as we both let a few tears fall.

"Are you ready to rock n roll?" He asked me, smiling sadly. I nodded, following him to the black car that was parked outside my apartment.

As we slowly drove through the busy streets, I stared through the windscreen at the hearse, Dan's coffin covered in flowers.

We neared the church and I saw fans lining the streets, all wearing black and crying. They had come to the funeral of a man they didn't even know.

The long line of cars stopped and people climbed out into the streets, many of them I didn't know. I felt a hand around my waist and looked down to see my mum.

"Mu-mum I. .I can't I just-" I stuttered. She shushed me, rubbing slowly along my back.

"You'll be okay, just remember him in death as happy as he was in life"

I nodded slowly and she walked away, through the big wooden doors of the church.

The funeral director called me over and told us how we were to carry Dan's coffin inside.

I took the front left, with Jack on the right. Dan's younger brother walked behind me and Dan's dad next to him. The weight hurt my body but I kept walking through the aisle until we got to the front of the huge, grand church. We placed the coffin down and the priest opened it for everyone to pay their final respects and say goodbye.

I went last, Dan's parents sobbed as they looked down at their son and His brother clung to my side, shaking. He slowly stepped forwards and whispered a few words to Dan before they all stood aside for me. I felt the room hold its breath as I stepped hesitantly up to the coffin.

Dan's skin was a light tan color and his face seemed like he was only sleeping. But I knew his actual skin was grey and cold.

I held his cold hand in mine and looked over his face. Deep in my heart I prayed for him to squeeze it, or anything, anything to show me that this was all a horrible nightmare. But it didn't happen. I put my other hand over my mouth and took a shaky breath, trying to come to terms with the truth.