Beauty is the Beast: Chapter 32

Author's Note: Hi everyone. This is the last chapter for this season of Beauty is the Beast. Be on the look out for season two, which will overlap into the actual Naruto series. Please take a heavy note that I will be adjusting the events, dialog, and so on to better fit with Hisayo and Akio. Thanks for reading ^_^

                                                                                *Start*

A set of paws, followed by a pair of feet, leapt from tree branch to tree branch in search of a missing little girl. She had been traveling with her family through the Land of Fire, when she somehow had become separated from them, and was now lost, out in the wilderness. A blanket that the girl had used the night before had been given to the ones who were searching for her now; tracking her by scent, they were doing. The paws of a pug soon stopped, and began sniffing the ground.

“Hmm…” A gruff voice came from the little dog.

“Well?”

The pug paused in his sniffing actions and looked over his shoulder. “No offense Kakashi, but…could you stand back a bit. You smell like a dern wolf and it’s distracting.” The pug bluntly said as he continued to look over his shoulder to his summoner.

Kakashi blinked for a moment, taken by surprise at the pug’s words. At first, he didn’t know what Pakkun was talking about, but then it dawned on him; Pakkun was talking about Hisayo. Of course, he had been in real close contact with her just hours ago, so it was no wonder that Pakkun was catching her scent on him. Kakashi looked down to the pug, who was waiting for him to give a wide enough birth of space. 

“Well, you gonna give a dog space to work or what? We ain’t got all day you know and it’s starting to get dark. I’d like to get this over with quick so I don’t have to deal with that smell- it’s really uncomfortable to be around.”

Kakashi sighed as he took several steps back to give the pug the space he wanted. “Alright Pakkun, you don’t need to be so cranky about it.”

“Cranky?” Pakkun then snorted, “Hmph, I have a good reason to be cranky about it. Wolves are nothing but trouble. Nasty tempers they have, and they’re so uncivil too.” Kakashi simply stood and waited for the little dog to end his ranting. “Why, I had a distant cousin whose mate was a wolf.”

Kakashi rose a slightly amused brow. “Had?”

Pakkun shrugged. “The she-wolf ended up eating him when he suggested that she not be so rabid during meal time.”

A large sweat drop formed at the back of Kakashi’s head. “Oh, how…unfortunate.”

“Meh, never got along with him anyways….Hey, I finally got something. This way.” Pakkun then darted off, with Kakashi close behind.

 Pakkun’s talk of wolves really had his mind thinking of the ones he was just with several hours ago as he had been explained to about Ookami Clan movements and the newer threat that Satoru posed…

Kakashi‘s eye narrowed at who Kinu had just mentioned to both him and Akio. “Again with this client- who is he?”

“I don’t know. I don’t believe that anyone other than Satoru himself truly knows- wait, that statement is incorrect. What I should say…is that no one knows the true identity of the man.” Kinu informed as she rested in one of the kitchen table’s chairs with her arms crossed.

“True identity?” Akio questioned with high levels of curiosity apparent in his voice.

Kinu nodded before continuing. “Akio, remember when I had told you that Satoru’s client first appeared three years ago?”