Beauty is the Beast: Chapter 16

Three sets of eyes stared at their sensei in shock and confusion. Had they heard him right? It just had to be a joke, but they knew their sensei well enough to know that he wasn’t that humorous of a person.

Finally one spoke and the voice was anything but quiet or happy. “What do you mean she isn’t on our team anymore!”

Akira’s sudden outburst caused several passing people to stop suddenly and stare at the group in surprise and confusion. Jiro stood unaffected by the young genin’s tone. He stared at his team for a moment. His expression and mood had yet to change from yesterday morning.

“It’s as I just said, she is no longer part of our team, and you all will do well to stay away from her from now on.”

“But why sensei?” Suzume questioned timidly.

“Because…she is dangerous.” Flashes of a monstrous Hisayo shot across Jiro’s mind as he narrowed his eyes. He would not allow himself or his genin to become involved with her anymore.

“That doesn’t explain why she isn’t on our team anymore. And why were you acting all weird around her yesterday?” Ken crossed his arms in irritation.

“All you three need to know is that she is not what you think she is. She is no teammate or friend of ours. Now, hurry up and let’s go to the mission counter.” Despite his injury, Jiro was still going to take on missions with his team. They would only be D-ranked ones though, at least until he was back to one hundred percent.

Ken, Akira, and Suzume continued to stand outside while their sensei entered the building. They were utterly surprised by their sensei’s words and tone of voice. Never had he sounded so cold when speaking of someone, much less their now ex-teammate.

They were very curious as to the reason for his change in attitude towards Hisayo. And also, what did he mean by her not being what they thought she was? Could that be part of the reason why she wasn’t part of the team anymore? They had so many questions, and they were pretty sure their sensei would not speak anymore on the matter. They all looked at each other and nodded. They would just have to find and ask Hisayo themselves.

__________________________________________________

Hisayo stood quietly in the Hokage’s office waiting for him to place her in a different area. She had woken up early that morning by the sound of a pigeon pecking at her window with a note rolled in a small capsule tied around one of its legs and now here she was.

The third gave a small sigh after a cloud of smoke was exhaled. He had stayed up most of the night trying to figure out what he would do with Hisayo. He didn’t feel comfortable leaving her to herself with missions, nor did he find it fit to just have her and Akio pair up despite Akio’s ability to control her should she loose control of herself. Akio had assured him yesterday after the genin had finished their reporting of the mission, but still. True their conversation was enlightening and a few ideas over Hisayo’s placement where thrown around, but he still found it a bit difficult. He needed to take special care in this matter. 

______________________________________________

The Hokage had just sent the genin out of the room after they finished reporting. It seemed as though they had no idea of the happening between their teammate, the enemy that had attacked, and the group he had sent. It was good that they hadn’t he thought. They may have treated Hisayo the same way that Jiro had. What a shame he had thought. She really was like Naruto. She felt the same loneliness and rejection.

A knock was heard and Akio entered the room.

“May I come in for a moment Lord Hokage?”