Beauty is the Beast: Chapter 12

Jiro looked on at the horrific sight before him with wide eyes. Everywhere he looked, blood was in abundance. It stained the ground and flowed from the bodies that had been brutally mangled. He sat up more and held a hand over his torn shoulder. He needed to get up. He needed to find his genin and the caravan. They needed to leave this place.

The monster who use to be Hisayo wildly slashed at a dead body. From the moment the blood of her first few opponents filled her nostrils and splashed across her face, her mixed blood took over. The demon side of her took over. She had lost control.

A few surviving members slowly backed away and attempted to flee. Hisayo head shot straight up from the corpse she was tearing at and caught sight of them. An evil smirk appeared on her face and she slowly stood up with her head hanging low. She was covered head to toe in blood and her usually tied up hair had freed itself from its ties long ago. It hung in her face as she seemed to do nothing but stand there.

The few wolves and humans of the clan that remained hesitated by her actions. In a blur, she appeared before one of them and stabbed her clawed hand through the chest and out the back. She smiled as she looked into the gaze of the fearful and shocked man she had stabbed. Blood trickled down his mouth and his vibrant green eyes slowly faded to a dull color. Hisayo pulled her hand from her victim and let the body fall to the ground. She brought her bloodied hand to her face and slowly brushed her fingers across her lips while licking them.

Jiro turned away from the sight and gritted his teeth What could he do? She had lost all sense of herself. He was only able to watch the gruesome scene play out. He couldn’t stop her and if he tried, he feared that she may turn on him. She was just a monster now. A blood driven monster. How could he and his team continue to stay by her side after all of this?

“Beast or not, you are part of this team. You are needed just as much as we are needed by you. No one is to be left behind.

Jiro opened his eyes and stared at the ground. Did his words mean nothing now? Was what he said just a way to make himself and everyone else feel better? Had he truly meant what he had said?

Despite the situation now, his emotions were being pulled in two different directions. One side urged him to leave and forget about his teammate. He needed to think of his genin and their safety. The other side pushed him to try and bring her back to her senses. She was a part of the team and the others would never forgive him if he abandoned her.

“If you feel the need to be by my side, then…I will be…by yours. Beast or not…I will be there.”

He winced in both pain and frustration. He tightened his grip on his bleeding shoulder. What should he do?

Hisayo slowly made her way to the last of the living clan members that had attacked her from the start. A woman with black hair laying loosely on her shoulders shook with fear as she took a step back from the approaching demon. Hisayo grabbed the woman by the back of her hair and brought her other hand up to deal a blow to the face. The woman closed her eyes tight as the hand began to come down.

“Hisayo Stop!!” Jiro yelled at the top of his lungs.

Hisayo’s hand fell short of piercing her target and she tilted her head over to Jiro. She gave a low growl showing her sharp canines and dropped the woman from her grasp to look at Jiro. The woman quickly scurried away into the woods without a word. Hisayo narrowed her eyes in annoyance after finding her prey had escaped. She looked back over to Jiro and soon appeared in front of him, leaving behind several after images of herself. She grabbed him by the collar of his vest and held him off the ground a few inches. She was not too happy over his interference.