Beauty is the Beast: Chapter 5

Hisayo woke up early and looked at the forehead protector, baring the leaf symbol, that rested by her pillow. This was it, her first day as a leaf ninja. Her new start at a village life. She would do her best to make the new village accept her. It was Akio’s wish for her to overcome her past, and she would respect it to the best of her ability. She would try, just like she said she would. In all honestly, she wouldn’t have given much effort had it not been for her first meeting with the Hokage. He was the first person since Akio to ever leave her with a good impression.

After taking a shower and dressing, Hisayo entered the kitchen and started making breakfast. Akio had still been asleep in his room, even after the noise she had made from getting ready. Oh well she thought as she started to make some eggs and toast. It would just give her time to think all about what the Hokage had said from the time she met him up until yesterday.

________________________________________________

 “You give off a cold and distant demeanor, but your eyes say otherwise. I know of someone who shares your eyes. Perhaps you should meet him after I grant your admittance to this village.”

“I believe everyone deserves a chance to be accepted no matter their origin, don’t you?”

“…everyone deserves a change…no matter their origin…”

“…a chance to be accepted no matter their origin…”

__________________________________________________

She couldn’t understand it. How was he that understanding. Was he once like she was now? No, he had said she shared someone else’s eyes. So was there really someone like her in this village as well? She couldn’t be sure, but if there really was someone like her here, then perhaps they would get along well. She continued to cook and began boiling water for tea before further thinking, unaware of the presence entering the room.

__________________________________________________

“Konoha shinobi fight for their village. They fight for all that is precious to them. Their loved ones, their hopes and dreams. It strengthens their will to fight. You will create bonds and develop a spirit that will drive you to protect those bonds. You will become a protector of all that you love and cherish. This village, your new home, will be under your watch. It depends on you and all other shinobi of this village to keep it safe. Do you understand?”

“fight for all that is precious to them…you will create bonds…protector of all that you love and cherish…”

“…all that is precious…”

____________________________________________________

The only person she had her whole life was Akio. He was the only precious thing she had in her life. He was the only person she could socialize with. How would she even be able to try to form any other bonds. She had found it very difficult to converse with the Hokage and respond so honestly. She was just socially inept.

The manner in which she spoke always held such seriousness and was usually if not always emotionless. She had made herself that way since the beginning. Akio was the only one she would ever let down her guard for, and even that took many years to do before she trusted him enough to do so completely.  So how was she suppose to adapt and reverse so many years of closing herself off from people? How?

“Food is going to burn if you leave it sitting like that over the flame.” Akio sleepily spoke from the table.

Hisayo jumped slightly and returned to reality before turning the stove down. She grabbed two red plates from out of the cabinet next to her, a couple pairs of chopsticks, and divided the eggs and toast. She sat down and returned to her thoughts.