Beauty is the Beast: Chapter 13

Darkness.

A constant void of nothingness.

That’s all she felt as she floated in the dark. It almost felt right in some strange way. She could feel no pain. No sorrow. All her worries seemed to vanish as the endless void enveloped her. However, something felt wrong, as though she were missing something.

What could it be?

The faint sound of a little boy’s laughter was heard from all directions. At first she was numb to the noise, but as it grew, she found it to be very familiar. She knew that laughter.

“I’m Naruto Uzumaki and one day I’m gonna be Hokage of this village! You can believe it!”

 Blonde hair and blue eyes appeared and slowly faded away.

Naruto.

That’s right. She did know who that was.

Soon after, several voices she knew sounded all around her and memories played and faded into each other.

“I believe everyone deserves a chance to be accepted no matter their origin, don’t you?”

 “The name’s Hatake Kakashi. Just call me Kakashi though, alright?”

“I’m glad that you have found someone to relate to.”

“I practice throwing my set a lot and well, they sort of have a lot of chips and scrapes.”

“You’re coming again tomorrow, right?”

“No way! We can’t leave you behind Hisayo-san!”

“Good. So, you’re new here?”

“You seem a bit more quiet than usual. Something on your mind?”

“Ken’s right. You can’t be left behind.”

“I know you will do great things for this village. I will be looking forward to seeing you grow.”

“Yeah! We won’t let you get left behind!”

“Monster or not, you are part of this team.”

 All of them appeared one by one in front of her with a smile of some kind.

A shadow emerged from her body in the shape of the beast that she was and cast itself over all the people she knew. It began to furiously devour each one. Hisayo yelled for the beast to stop, but it continued, ignoring her cries. Hisayo fell to her knees in the darkness and began to tremble.

A monster she thought. The bonds that everyone of those people had started to make with her would shatter she believed. They would each turn away from her and fear her. They would hate her. She would go through all of that pain again in Konoha.

“I’m nothing but a terrifying beast! Who can accept and love me!? No one!” She yelled as she clutched herself. The shadow of the beast hovered over her and slowly began to grow larger. She felt like she was about to cry and scream out more when she felt a hand lay itself on her head. She knew that gesture and the only one to do that to her was… She gasped and quickly looked up.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m here for you Hisayo, just as I always have been before. We will get through this together.” 

Akio.

He looked down to her with a warm smile.

“Let’s go. Away from the place. Away from this cage filled with loneliness and pain. Let’s go outside…into the light.”