Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Ivy

"Oh my God girl, so then what happened?" I doubled over in laughter while covering my mouth. Aria, Caya and I were all having lunch at a local sushi bar, and Aria was telling us a story about her latest lover.

"Girl, his ass had the nerve to walk out the room and be like 'how did you get in here?'" Aria yelled. By now Caya and I were both roaring with laughter.

She had been talking to this new guy, and apparently he put it down so good that Aria took it upon herself to cook him breakfast a few days later. Only, he didn't give her a key to his place...she broke in.

"I'm serious y'all! Like if I make you breakfast in bed a simple 'thank you' would do. I don't need you asking me how I ended up off in your place and shit. Nigga you don't need to know that!" she said with the straightest face ever. Caya let out a high-pitched scream and slapped her palm down on the table. I swear this girl seriously didn't know how to act in public.

"Okay, let's just change the subject because Caya's loud ass is gonna get us kicked out of here." I suggested. Caya was laughing so hard she was literally crying now.

"Yes, good idea because I don't think this is funny." Aria pouted.

"So how did your meeting go last week?" I asked Caya in attempt to settle her down. She took a few deep breaths and finally regained her composure.

"I guess it went okay," she shrugged. "We basically introduced ourselves and got to meet our sponsors."

"So did you get a sponsor?" Aria asked.

Caya sipped her drink before responding. "Yeah." She responded and a small smile danced across her lips.

"Uh uh girl, spill!" I gushed. I could tell by the look on her face that he had to be attractive.

"Welll..." she dragged out.

"Stop playing!" Aria shouted. "The suspense is killing me!"

I rolled my eyes and her dramatic ass and turned my attention toward Caya.

"Well, his name is Tahj."

My eyebrows rose at the mention of Tahj.

"Why does that name sound familiar?" I asked.

"Because he owns the shop Kellen works at." She replied.

Aria nodded in approval. "Okay, so not only is this guy your AA sponsor, but he hooked my boy Kellen up with a legit hustle. It's fate girl!" she shouted.

Caya rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't say all that, but he is cute and he seems harmless for now. But hell, looks can definitely be deciving." She mumbled while looking out the window. I could tell she was about to slip into this depression about Smoke again.

"Okay, enough about that. I'm sure Tahj is a great guy. I mean look at what he did for Kellen. I'm sure he'll be a great help for you considering that he's gone through some similar things. Just keep your relationship strictly platonic and let the rest play out."

Caya nodded and smiled a little. "Thanks Ivy. That's exactly what I planned on doing." She looked at me and smirked. "Speaking of Kellen..." she teased.

"Yeah speaking of Kellen," Aria added her two cents like somebody asked her.

I sighed, completely over this conversation. "I don't want to have this discussion y'all."

Caya and Aria both rolled their eyes. "Well we're gonna have it." Caya said.

"No Cay, I don't have shit to say to him and I don't want to either."