Chapter 14

Thanks for all the votes/comments on the last chapter. Please continue to do so, because it honestly helps! In-line comments are my fav. As always, enjoy and please ignore all errors. We all know how lazy I am when it comes to editing. This chapter is dedicated to @alexcia13, thanks for all the love mama!

Enjoy!

Ivy

The next morning I quietly crept out of Kellen's arms. I didn't want to wake him considering the fact it was 8:00 in the morning. After successfully getting out of his grasp, I made my way into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took care of my hygiene routine, then got dressed. I decided on wearing a red matching silk pajama set and throwing my leopard print robe on top of it. I threw my hair into a messy bun, and made my way out of the bedroom. I walked upstairs to the main kitchen and got started on breakfast.

Reaching into the fridge, I grabbed a carton of eggs, milk, bacon, sausage and cheese. I then turned into the cabinet and grabbed some pancake mix. I decided I'd make waffles, cheese eggs, bacon, and sausage.

"What are you doing, Miss Ivy?" Geoffrey asked coming around the island towards the stove.

"I'm making breakfast, what else?" I giggled.

"Yes, I see, but why? That's my job."

"Well, I just wanted to do things differently for a change. Go back to sleep. I'll be fine down here." I assured him. He gave me a look of hesitation.

"Geoffrey, I'm serious! I'll be fine," I laughed. "Go back to sleep. You deserve a break anyway."  He stared at me a moment longer before finally turning around and walking out of the kitchen.

I turned back towards the stove and focused on the task at hand. I figured I'd start with the waffles first. That shouldn't be too hard. I grabbed the box and began reading the instructions. It called for half a cup of milk and a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Shouldn't be too hard right?

I grabbed a measuring cup and a mixing bowl and began mixing the ingredients. Once I finished I poured the mix into the Belgian waffle iron, and got started on the eggs. I grabbed a skillet and placed it on the stove. I cracked an egg and let it drop into the skillet, letting a few pieces of the shell fall in, in the process.

"Damnit," I mumbled to myself. I grabbed a fork and tried to unsuccessfully scrape the shells out of the skillet. I finally succeeded, and then decided to add three more eggs. I knew Kellen could have an appetite. Next, I got started on the bacon and sausage. They were both pork so I decided to cook them both in the same pan.

After getting everything cooking, I decided to check my phone notifications. I plopped down onto the barstool and began scrolling through Instagram. I was watching a video of this white family do 'the whip' when I heard a loud beeping noise and the smell of burnt food assaulted my nostrils.

"Shit!" I yelled jumping down from the barstool and running over to the stove. The eggs were black, the bacon and sausage was beyond crispy and the waffle was stiff as cardboard.

"No! No! Noooo!" I whined throwing my hands up in frustration. I leaned back against the counter and placed my hands in my face. I really wanted to cry, but I knew that was a punk move. I would just throw everything out and start over again.

"Babygirl, what the hell you in here burning up?" I heard Daddy ask as I was dumping the eggs in the trash.

I turned around with the biggest pout on my face. "I was trying to cook breakfast for Kellen, Daddy." I whined.