"Wassup?" I say simply, Nalah, the Asian, waves back with a smile while Millani gives a head nod looking bothered.

I shake my head and start to pay attention since class started.

I dont know what the girl's problem is, I've never even seen her before, but I do know she needs to chill with the hostility because Im not with bad vibes.

An hour and thirty minutes later the class is over and everyone is leaving.

"You helping out Aunt Lo?" Kj asks with his arm wrapped around Nalah's shoulder. They sure as hell became close over a short period of time.

"Yeah."

"Aight, I'll see you then." We shake hands as they walk out ahead of me.

Checking my pockets I realize I left my keys on my desk so I quickly turn back to get them. I enter the class seeing the teacher and Millani talking, I try to ignore them to the best of my ability and get my keys but my name is called before I can leave.

"Rylee!" My teacher calls.

"Yes, Ms.Peter?" I ask her sliding my keys into my pocket.

"I was just telling Millani here how great you are in math and can tutor her, would you mind tutoring her?" I try holding back my facial expression of hell no, but Ms.Peter is my favorite teacher so I dont fuss.

"Do I get extra credit?" I question boredly, Millani smacks her lips as Ms.Peter chuckles. I dont need it but I need something to keep me going when dealing with this mad broad.

"I guess."

"I dont-" Millani starts only to get cut off by me.

"I'll do it." I tell them. "Be in the library before school tomorrow morning, you ladies have a nice evening." I hear Millani say something in a tone I just know means its something smart but
I leave out before she could finish.

For some strange and stupid reason feel I want to get to know her a little...

But just a little

****

"How was school, Bug?" My mom asks as I moved the boxes full of clothes, to the front of the store and start unpack everything.

"It was aight, coach cancelled practice because his wife doing the usual." I tell her, restocking the almost empty shelves.

Ma's business is even better than when she started it fifteen years ago, she had three locations around the city along with an online website. Pop's opened his own law firm while still being a therapist from time to time.

I look up to both of my parents because they got legit jobs, which happens to be something they enjoy doing, and still take care of me. I dont want to make it seem like my life is completely perfect, but as far as my parents go I love them to death and wouldnt trade them for anything. You dont hear too many people my age saying that, and I'm damn sure grateful.

"Again?" Ma asks in a exasperated tone rubbing her round belly, chuckling I nod my head.

Yup, Rare Egypt-Sal, is pregnant again with her third child to be exact. She birthed my partner in crime/little sister, Marli four years ago. I swear I love that little girl like she was my own, she acts like me in so many ways its crazy. Even starting to try and do art like me, shes hella young so she doesnt do much but she still tries.

Reminds me of when I was little and always followed my ma down the stairs to the basement to paint. Them girls are my everything.

I'll admit Im a pretty nonchalant person that doesnt show their emotions all that much, but around my family its different, its love.

"He needs to just leave that woman already, poor man interfering with my baby's basketball." I laugh, shaking my head at her.

I started playing basketball around eleven years ago or so, not to brag but Im pretty good. My dad Godfather Tay, Uncle King, Matt, Lest, Boss, Rob, and Ban put me on it. Its more of a hobby though, I dont really wanna go anywhere with it.

It brings of course "popularity" and Im more of a behind the scene type person. Dont act stuck up or no shit like that, but I dont live off that shit.

Kj on the other hand, that nigga love the attention, which Im sure is why he even still plays. He, like me, doesnt too much care for it, we just do it to pass time and just so happen to be damn good at it.

"You know I'll get my practice with the guys, but uhh I also was asked to tutor this girl in math."

"Whats the matter?" My ma grabs my hand to stop what I'm doing to look at her.

"Nothing really..." I trail off, shrugging.

"You like her?" Her voice along with her eyes, are filled with hope and excitement.

Ma's been waiting for me to come home and tell her I have a girl. Im attracted to girls yeah, its just one hasnt made me fully attracted to them, yet.

Everyone seems the same in my eyes and I personally dont want something thats similar. If I'm going to put my all into something, like a relationship, i want it to be for real, authentic. Like what my parents have, and Kj's parents, and my grandparents.

Chuckling I shrug again, "I wouldnt say that, we aint too much get off on the right foot."

Even though we didnt actually speak to one another till Ms.Peter brought up tutoring, she still mugged me like she had a problem and I aint like that shit. She dont know me, and I damn sure dont know her so what the fuck could she be mad about?

"What happened?"

"She just threw dirty looks at me like she got a problem." I explain easily, its sort of like my ma is my bestfriend so telling her stuff like this isnt an issue.

Smacking her lips she looks at me crazy. "Boy, over some looks, you dont like the girl?"

"I didnt say tha-" She cuts me off waving her hand.

"She could've just been in a bad mood Bug, dont go tutor that girl with an attitude, you hear me?"

"Yes ma'am." I smile sheepishly, she knows Im more than respectful to women, like my dad, but she also knows how I dont bite my tongue for anyone, but her, like her. 

"Cool, now finish unpacking that box, we need to hurry and get home so I can start dinner."

"Pops getting Marli?"

"Yup."

"Aight."

I continue doing as told awaiting finally getting home to eat some of my ma's good ass cooking.

_______________
_______________

Rylee in mm *heart eyes times five*

Keith is my babydaddy/loml/husband/trap king/air/left butt cheek/right thumb, all that good shiii, well him and two other mfs 😂 lmfao

something new so its starting off somewhat slow.

yay? nay? let me know! 😁😁

leave comments, like it, share, thanks oh so very much :-)) 💗

xoxo, shawty li