"But wouldn't it be fun? We can make a game out of it! For every lesson you pass, you can get a piece of candy!" Akira smiled warmly down at me.

"YAAAAY candy!!!" I began to run up to Shira-san, who was frowning deeply at Aki-chan, excited to learn.

END OF FLASHBACK

I sat down were I had the picnic when I was 5, a single tear falling down my cheek, and I remembered the following night.

FLASHBACK

I hid behind the sliding door, listening to Shira-san and Aki-chan talk in hushed tones, like hissing snakes.

"How pathetic... the little girl can't even make tea!" Shira-san scoffed in disgust, making me flinch. I always hated that tone, it made my eyes sting.

"She's only 5...she'll learn..." Aki-chan tried to calm the older woman.

"You do know the reason shes here and not with her family, right?" Shira-san continued in a sneer, I could hear in in her voice, so full of disgust and revoltion.

"Shhhh, don't wake her, its forbidden for her to know..." Aki-chan hushed her quickly, sounding desperate and scared, I wanted to run out and hug her.

"She's a monster! She's barely even human!" Shira-san spiked, her voice horribly shrill and ugly.

My eyes widen, my body froze, a tear finally fell down my cheek, I was so confused and so scared.

"She is not a monster! She's a little girl who misses her family!" Aki-chan defended me in a hushed tone, her voice was cold and angry...It scared me even more then Shira-san's yelling when I missed answers.

"She has a demon inside of her! Even if she wasn't a Jinjuriki she has the mind of a demon!" Shira hissed agian. "Luckily that tainted blood never even so much as TOUCHED little Sasuke...but she, Akai Uchiha, IS A FREAK OF NATURE!!"

"That's not true, do you not see her smile? Laugh with pure joy? She's just a child, and with proper love she will grow up to be a good shinobi, she will never be what you saw she is." Aki-chan spoke coldly, but her voice broke with emotions I couldn't place.

"She is a true monster, a Sin to even walk and breath, she is a FREAK OF NATURE" Shira-san struggled to keep her whisper screeching again.

"That isn't any reason to  call her a monster! She saved this village by sacrificing herself as a vessel for the ten-tails!" Aki-chan said, my heart warmed that she was defending me.

"It is a perfectly good reason, you don't know when she'll lose control and release it! She could kill us all!"

"We can teach her to control it...she wants to be a ninja...if we let her she will learn to control her...special abilities, and we'll be safe..."

"She will never be a ninja, he father wont allow it...she doesn't deserve to be a soldier of our city..." With that I dashed away from the door and slipped silently into my room and sat on my bead, with that my mind aged several years. From that moment on a piece of my childhood had died. 

"I'll show them...I'll be their hero one day...and they'll be grateful to me..." I whispered.

END OF FLASHBACK

I woke up, realizing that I fell asleep, laying in the flowers, that had once brought me so much joy and peace. Now it made me sad and made me think of the memories that would soon follow that. I exhaled slowly and closed my eyes again, letting my grasp on reality and time slip away. I didn't even sense Naruto walk up to me, which NEVER happened.