Chapter 63: Cake Shop

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god!" Eunmi groaned in irritation.

The little boy softly tugged Eunmi's skirt to get her attention. When she looked down at him, he wasn't crying anymore. Instead, a happy yet thankful expression filled his face.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" she asked.

"I see my mommy!" the child claimed excitedly, pointing at a worried woman in the distance. Eunmi followed his vision and released a sigh of relief, beginning to walk over to the woman. Once they reach her, the woman's eyes widened and she immediately hugged her son.

"Thank you so much," the woman thanked Eunmi.

"It's no problem at all," Eunmi smiled and the woman thanked her again before walking away with her son.

Once again, Eunmi carried on to go to the shop. This time she hoped there would be no more interruptions. However, it seemed as if she couldn't just catch a break when she tripped surprisingly over nothing and one strap of her shoe broke. She groaned in irritation and sat at the nearest bench to take it off.

"What now?" she huffed, and then scanned the area for any near shoe store. Fortunately, there was one, and so, with her broken shoe in hand and the other still on foot, Eunmi walked to the store.

As she was entering, Sandy was exiting and so the two met.

"Eunmi-ah!" Sandy exclaimed.

"Hey!" Eunmi greeted just as enthusiastic.

"How are you doing? What are you up to?"

"Right now, I just need a new pair of shoes," Eunmi chuckled, and Sandy curiously looked down at her friend's feet before lightly giggling.

"You sure do," Sandy commented. "But hey, what are you doing at the mall?"

"I'm going to that cake shop near the flower boutique," Eunmi answered.

"Oh? What for?"

Eunmi paused for a while and thought of the reason, a smile plastering on her face. Sandy raised her brow and waved a hand in front of Eunmi's face, catching her attention again.

"Sorry," Eunmi shyly apologised.

"Why are you so shy all of a sudden? Your face is blushing, too!" Sandy accused. "Now you really have to tell me why you're going to the cake shop."

"Okay, okay," Eunmi began. "I have to organise a three-layered for um... for my wedding," she continued, smiling to herself as she gazed down her feet.

"What?!" Sandy asked too loudly, the heads of the people around them turning around to her.

"Shh, don't be so loud," Eunmi warned, "you're literally the first person to know. Me and Kyungie don't wanna tell anyone yet."

"Oh my god," Sandy said, her jaw practically hanging on the ground.

"Yeah," Eunmi breathed with a smile.

"What's going on here?" a voice asked from behind Sandy. When Eunmi tilted to see who it was, she found Chanyeol standing by Sandy, and then placing a hand on her back.

"Chanyeol?" Eunmi surprisingly asked.

"Hey, Eunmi!" Chanyeol greeted, his worried expression suddenly turning into excitement as he sees her. "Wow. How long has it been? Five years? Six years?"

"Seven," Eunmi smiled.

"That long, huh? How's D.O doing? Since he moved out the dorm, we only seem to see him during our schedule."

"Sorry to steal him from you guys," Eunmi laughed. "But he's doing well. He's excited for your group's ten year anniversary."

"Ten years," Chanyeol repeated, staring into the distance in a reminisce. "It feels like yesterday we were only a bunch of awkward guys who couldn't even bow properly at our debut showcase," he said, shaking his head and chuckling.