Chapter 2

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you, you don't even know London that well." John said as he handed me my coat.

"I think I'll be fine, I'm only getting to know my next job, that's it, don't worry about me." I said and I quickly kissed his cheek.

"Bye uncle Watson, I think I'll be home before midnight." I yelled before getting into a cab.

"Bring me here."  I said as I handed the cabby the card of the guy that had asked me to visit him.

I put some glasses onto my face, and I grabbed my phone.

I only have a few contacts in my phone, I am no girl with lots of friends. I have connections all around the world, but I would not call them my friends.

My contacts are simple and easy:
-Uncle John
-Harry
-MM

MM is short for Mystery Man, it's the man that hired me his number.

After ten minutes we had arrived at the destination, it was a huge building. Pretty fancy...

I quickly paid the cabby before stepping out of the taxi and into the building.

But before I could enter the building someone grabbed my arm.

"Lauren Watson?" a man asked, I couldn't see his face because he had a hood on.

"Yes, that's me." I said, I saw his mouth starting to smile.

"Follow me." he said and he hurriedly grabbed my hand.

I know she'll be reading my mind even before I'll tell her what to do, I need her to do it, she is the only one that possibly can get close to him.

Who is him? My uncle? He's already pretty much my dad because I don't have one myself. And my mum is also nothing, she's an alchoholic.

Maybe it's Sherlock... We both kind of have the same talent, well, he is quite dumb especially for a detective. But that's how I think of lots of people because I cannot picture myself not being able to read minds.

I think me and this guy have been walking for quite some time now, my legs are getting quite tired.

I looked at my watch, 10:30 PM. Oh sh*t, I need to keep track of the time, I promised to be home before midnight.

The guy then walked into an old building, it honestly looked like it was about to fall to the ground, why would they still have it standing here?

The guy pulled me inside and I saw one single chair placed in the middle of the room.

"Sit down, love." the guy said but I hurriedly shook my head.

"I'd rather not. I'll stand instead." I replied as I crossed my arms.

"Sit down, love, this mission of yours won't be easy to bare." he said and I carefully sat down on the chair.

"That friend of yours, Sherlock Holmes." he said and I groaned in annoyance.

"He is not my friend, he's dumb, I could never even be he friend nor can he be mine." I spat back, he then gently took his hood off.

"He is an old friend of mine, and I think he might be interested in a new case. And since you solved his last one, I'm gonna keep you with me until he solves this one." he said and I chuckled.

"Good. Luck. Moriarty? Weird name, pal. Is it like your super hero name your mummy gave you, it sounds a bit like a herb. Moriarty the herb, you see, it sounds believable! Moriarty, it could also be a my little pony name, have you heard the theme song, it's very catchy. You'd be the pony of herbs! Perfect, Moriarty the pony of herbs." I said and he quickly groaned, I love to annoy people!

"And by the way, I know there's a red laserlight shing onto my forehead, it ain't no gun, herby. I know my way with weapons, and one pound store laserlights. I'd think that the oh so mighty my little pony had a bit of a higher budget. Now, would you excuse me, I'm gonna go home and drink some tea with my uncle." I said as I stood up.

"There's a gun pressed to the side of my head, isn't there?" I said making him grin.