My shiny side down

I scouted the area to find another place I could go to smoke my fucking shit. I needed to be able lie there unnoticed for a few hours. I eventually settled on a clearing in the woods a few yards from the school. Wasting no time, I reached into my bag grabbing my pen shell, lighter and foil. Lets try this again. I once again placed the white shell between my teeth, closing my lips around it to form a perfect seal. I held the corner of the foil, which been placed shiny side down, and ran the lighter over both sides to burn off any residues. This was a habit I had gotten into since I started using, yes I was aware that shiny side up vs shiny side down made absolutely no difference in regards to the drug but I had learned shiny side down and I was perfectly content keeping it that way. I then pressed a small ball of the dark tar like substance onto the foil and held the lighter just close enough to cause it to bubble. I tilted the foil and watched it roll down the dull surface as it sent wasps of vapor up into the air. I quickly inhaled holding my breath as my eyes narrowed and I felt the chemical hit my brain. I continued this process as I climbed, each hit bringing a rush of euphoria unlike no other. I eventually hit a state in which I was completely detached from all the pain and worry in my life. I fell back in the soft bed of grass letting the drugs work their magic on my system.

My body tingled in pure bliss. The familiar sensation moved through my body and I was no longer afraid of my own skin. I was at peace with my body and mind. My brain buzzed in delight. I had become completely unaware of my surroundings as I continued to dwell in the wonders of my own body. It was obvious as to why I had grown to love the toxic substance.

The high was worth the harsh vinegar taste and unpleasant aroma which was reminiscent of burnt barbecue sauce. The high was worth the lying and stealing and sleeping around. The high was worth it because I was at peace and that was all I needed. In some time I began to nod off into a daydream like state, slowly falling into a trance in which I was neither awake nor asleep.

I suppose to anyone who may have stumbled apon my body in its altered state would be concerned, if not terrified,  but what would happen next was far beyond the depths of my imagination.

||A/N- While Mabel is romanticizing the drug rn it is only bc she's high af. I do not condone drug use by any means so don't run off finding yourself some cheeb||