Chapter two

Skylers PoV

I can't believe this, Ive had the best and worst ten minutes of my life and now I'm sitting here at my cousins wedding reception in shock. I don't know what to do next, I just turned and walked in here after my brother left I didn't even meet or greet our mate. No this is all wrong, I need to go to Tyler and try to convince him we need our mate, he'll come around, I know or should I say I hope he will.

I stand and go to walk out when Tim notices "y..you. k..." He asks in his broken voice. I tell him "I don't know, I want my mate but my brother is just as important. I need to go find him and see if we can work it out" he nods and mind links me 'that's the best thing to do. Do you want me to come with you' "no I'll be ok, thanks Tim" he nods in response.

It's nice to know that we have people who care for us, after our pack was killed and we were given to that sick man I didn't think we would ever find happiness again. We were treated as omegas in his pack and endured horrors nobody should ever have to go through. In truth I put up with some but Tyler had it so much worse, he took most of my beatings and would give himself up in my place when they wanted to do sexual things to me.

The worst days were the ones when they broke him, he would try to be strong and would refuse to scream or fight but on those days I would hear him screaming from the pain of getting bones broken slowly or having more than one man rape him at the same time. It was like they wanted to hear how much they were hurting him and it was torturous to hear so I don't even try to think about how it felt. When he would come back to me he would be lifeless and I would hold him in our small cold damp cell and try to comfort him as best I could. They were sick bastards and I know I would be dead if not for him and now he's mad at me and I know I won't be able to live without him by my side.

I leave the reception and walk to our room in the pack house, I have an uneasy feeling and I know I'm not going to like what I find. I was right when I see the note I screamed, no, no, no, he needs to come back, I can't live in this house without him. Even though this pack is nothing like Peters pack, we will forever feel like the omegas he turned us into the only person I can fully trust has gone and it's my fault. I should have listened to him, he knows best, I'm so stupid-

I feel my mate tuck me into his arms and I let the tears I've been holding back flow, it's so good to be in his arms but I feel so guilty too, I don't know how to handle this. "Shh, it's ok, we will give him the day to cool off and we will go to him" he whispers in my ear while rubbing his hand up and down my back in comfort. "He's so stubborn... I..I.. Don't think he'll... Ta.. Talk to us" I say through my hiccuping tears.

"We can try, we have to, we won't be complete without him. Do you want to stay here for the rest of the day, I'm sure the guys will understand if we don't join in on the celebration. I'll go get us some food and we can relax, I won't pressure you, I can lea-" "no, don't leave me, I need you. Please stay with me tonight" I need him here. If my brother is gone I need someone here and I know my mate is who's best to do that. "Of course a anything you want hun".

He leads me to the bed and I sit on it "I'm just going to link my beta and ask him to bring food" this has me worried. What if his beta is not nice, what if he doesn't like me and wants to beat me when my mates not here? "Hey, I can see and sense your fear, what is it, will I tell him not to enter would that help?" He asks me. I look at him and realise he's being sincere he really would make his beta stay outside for me. I trust him already and I know others would find that strange but I've always known I needed my mate and he would be the best thing to ever happen to me so I'm following my gut instinct on this.

"Do you trust him, is he a good man?" I ask. "I will never expose you to anyone I don't fully trust. As long as I'm alive you'll be safe. He is my best friend and I would trust him with my life. Feel better?" He must have seen the relief on my face. I smile "it's ok for him to come in" "thank you hun". He links him and we sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes.

He breaks it "I don't know your full story, I'm sure nobody does but I remember hearing about you from Luka and Lucas. If you guys didn't escape when you did they could have been taken it was very brave of you and you saved their lives. Damon and Dante love and respect you two so much and talk about you all the time" "really, I didn't know because I don't talk to anyone very much except my brother. I don't ignore them but I find it hard to know who to trust. Peter was a good looking man and his son Dimitri was one of the best looking men I've ever seen-" he growls "let me finish, he had the most innocent smile but they were the most evil people ever and now I don't know who to trust"

Then there's a knock on the door he says to enter and a big guy walks in, I can't help it I flinch "hi my name is Marco, it's nice to meet you Luna" I'm shocked, me a Luna, no I'm just an omega. I don't answer him but he seems ok with it, he nods to my mate while leaving and it's then it dawns on me, "hey, I don't know your name!" I exclaim. "I was wondering when you'd ask, my name is Jace Dawn, alpha of the third largest pack of wolves in the world".