in which tessa returns

Start from the beginning

     "I'm going to stay here for a while and practice on the piano," Paul said.

     "Okay, I'll leave the keys here," George Martin said. "Make sure you lock up and leave the keys behind for me underneath the planet outside the door. Goodnight, boys." He said, laying the keys down on a table in the corner of the room and leaving.

     "I'll go tell Ringo we can go home," George said. "John, I'm assuming you're staying with Paul."

     "Yeah," John nodded. "See you at home."

     George nodded. "See you. Bye, Brian." He said and walked out.

     "Bye, George!" Brian called after him then turned to John. "Goodnight, John."

     "Night, Bri." John waved and watched his manger walk out.

     A mischievous smile creeped its way across his face..

~~~

      When Paul and John stumbled into the flat that they shared with their band mates a couple hours later, all giggles and hair that was sticking up at odd angles, they hurried to their bedroom before Ringo or George came out and saw them.

     "Tonight," John pecked Paul's lips. "Was wonderful."

     Paul smiled as he pulled his sweater over his head and slipped into his pajama shirt. "Mm," he nodded. "Yeah, it was.."

     John watched as Paul changed into his pajamas with, his eyes lidded.

      Paul laughed, exasperated. "You, my love, are positively insatiable,"

      "Well with a boyfriend like you, who can blame me?" John smiled and began getting into his own pajamas.

    "Fair enough," Paul laughed again.

     They heard a door slam shut down the hall and both of their heads snapped up, looking confused. They looked to each other with frowns of puzzlement on their faces. "Maybe George and Ringo are having an argument?" John suggested.

      "Yeah," Paul said slowly. "Maybe.." Something didn't seem right to him, but it was probably just him being anxious, right? He pushed the thoughts away. It was probably nothing.

~~~

     Paul woke in the early hours of the morning just before the sun began to rose and he had a sneaking suspicion that between his dry mouth and the light beginning to seep into the room, he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. So he slipped out of the warm embrace of John's arms and got out of bed, got dressed in a shirt, sweater, trousers, and shoes. He ran a comb through his hair, sweeping it across his forehead just the way he'd done it for ages when he was younger - well, Paul supposed he was "younger".

     He went to the kitchen after and got a glass out of the cupboard, then went to the sink and began to fill it up with water.

      "Hello, Paul."

      "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!" Paul leapt a good foot into the air in shock, dropping his glass and letting it clatter to the bottom of the sink, water splashing everywhere. He whipped around to see Tessa standing in the middle of the kitchen, but the first thing he did was glance toward the hallway with a nervous look.

     "Don't worry, I've got magic." Tessa said. "They won't wake up as long as I'm here."

     Paul nodded, turning off the faucet that was still running, picking up the glass that was laying at the bottom of the sink and setting it down on the counter, then remembered who the girl standing in the middle of his question was and narrowed his eyes. "What the hell are you doing here? I told you never to come back here."