renegade

This chapter contains violence and mature subject matter,

your discretion is advised. 

no, but seriously-- violence ahead. 

(also contains an unedited chapter, thnx)

______________

That lousy head of blonde hair soon appeared in the bathroom again, blue eyes first running over me and then turning to Asah. She outstretched her arms, offering up what could only be described as a sheet. Asah took it and nodded her head, then those reproachful brown eyes were on me, a new light ignited in their depths. I would have to take my time in classifying what it truly signified.

Without a word more exchanged, she approached me and unfolded the new, pristine slip and motioned for me to raise my arms. I obeyed, eyes downcast, as she lifted it over my head like if she were dressing a child.

The slip fell over my body like the smooth caress of honey hands. It felt as if many feathers had been lightly placed upon my body, tickling the very flesh it was meant to barely conceal. I had to admit that it was fairly beautiful in all its ordinary simplicity; a perfect gown for a simple woman with no purpose other than to be sent away to birth and rear a man's pups.

Asah's tender hands smoothed the pleated fabric and then cast me a genuine smile. My heart lurched in a confused, undetermined stutter as I took in the change in demeanor that had overtaken the once sharp woman.

Her brown hand reached out and cupped my cheek, her thumb sweetly stroking my skin as I leaned into the pleasant and unwonted (a/n: make no mistake, this word is not a typo of unwanted) behavior. But it wasn't to last as her hand pulled away from my flesh, leaving the skin once again exposed and frigid from the lack of her touch.

"You are beautiful, Nova." Her tender eyes held mine, "'Nova', derived from the Latin word 'novus' meaning 'new'. Nova, I hope this is the beginning of a new-- and unexpected-- life. And may we covet a new bond forming between us."

I knew not any words I could speak that could express my gratitude of her words, so I smiled instead, and nodded, though tears threatened to sting in my eyes.

A sharp cough diverted our attention to the door, where Iory sheepishly grinned.

"I know this kind'of a moment for ye; but, we're needed on the balcony." Her eyes were wide, but not totally of innocence.

Asah sighed and clutched my hand, giving it a tender squeeze, one akin to the ones my mother gave when I was a small child. "Yes, we shall go now."

After winding through the narrow halls and stumbling outside into fresh air once more, looks were cast upon Asah and I's entwined hands. Naveen beheld the most scathing grimace that contorted his handsome face into that of a sour lemon's.

After a fight passed and tensions dissipated as opinions were set and agreed upon, it could return to such as if it had never happened. Such were the ways of the wild, and the wild that pulsed life into beasts such as us.

I was tugged up  to peer at the edge of the balcony, our eyes gazing at the multitude of people who had scattered to the outside of the ring; perhaps four hundred men graced the pen with their presence and filthy scowls. A very musky aura passed through the crowd that oozed from the pores of almost every wolf there Excitement, anticipation, and the lust for the fight-- every wolf's instinct drove them forward to hang into the ring and practically lick their chops at the sight of the victims inside.