ode to ye, Fallen

I AM SO SORRY OHMYGOD. I HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR HOW LATE THIS UPDATE IS. SCHOOL STARTED AND I PROCRASTINATED LIKE CRAZY. ALL I CAN DO IS APOLOGIZE & THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME. <3

#508 in WEREWOLF <---------- THE FACT THAT I'M EVEN LISTED IS TOO MUCH, YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY SAINTS. I FEEL LIKE CRYING. BRB while I drown in my tears of happiness.

I SUGGEST YOU LISTEN TO THE ABOVE FOR THIS CHAPTER. BLESS CELTIC.

We all stood as Naveen approached, hands still clasped behind his ramrod back. He was unusually stiff and his face seemed to twitch, whether it be from my obvious friendliness with wolves that surpassed my lowly rank or my blatant disrespect with Kean, I didn't know.

As if a sudden heavy weight fell upon my shoulders, I blanched as I went over his last words.

Alphas.

They were Alphas-- all of them? Even Atlas? I had disrespected, glared at, and sat with a ring of Alphas? I was beyond mortified as my skin molted into a pale canvas of clammy, sweaty flesh with a sickly glow. I swallowed and bent my head as Naveen's gaze locked onto me like a predator daring its prey to fight back.

I glanced back as noise echoed behind me. The Alphas all rose from their wicker chairs. Kean stretched his arms, a grin splitting his face, while Asah and Atlas merely rose from their chairs-- in unison, of course-- and walked to Naveen in stoic silence.

A large, dark hand was placed on my shoulder as I too, stood. Kean's head rested over my shoulder as he whispered in my ear, "Show time."

"All who are competing are down below, though they are mingling among other commoners-- shall we divide them now?" Naveen asked the others as he strode to the edge of the balcony. Atlas padded to him, perching himself as he overlooked the throng of people milling around below.

He scoffed, "Do as you wish, it does not matter how it's done-- the outcome will be inevitable."

My fists balled at my sides. Yeah, the outcome would be me being whisked away and oppressed by some testosterone jacked male who'll no-doubt dictate my every move. Hell, if there was any other outcome, I swear, I'll hop on one foot while singing the toddler song yankee-doodle in front of Naveen.

"Do you wish to travel down there now?" Naveen gestured to Atlas, a bitter edge to his voice.

Kean looked taken aback as he clapped a hand on Atlas' shoulder, "I didn't know you were competing?"

Atlas glanced over his shoulder and spared me a calculating, yet otherwise placid look. "I found the prize.. particularly interesting."

Asah snorted, I fumed, Kean grinned.

I was both livid at Atlas' description of me as a "prize", and Asah's blatant distaste towards me. The bitter taste of blood entered my mouth as I pressed my teeth roughly into the soft flesh of my cheek. I held my vengeful tongue in check, knowing Naveen would give me a sound beating if I spoke out. Finn had been a victim of one of those once before, and it was safe to say he had never crossed that line again.

"Je vais peut-être participer dans la compétition ainsi! Perhaps I will join in the competition as well!" Kean boomed, his ever-present grin seemingly growing bigger than his poor face. I couldn't deny he was a beautiful man; his exotic skin and voice and that warm way he spoke, a way that somehow bled warmth into my bones.

But I narrowed my eyes despite his overjoyed attitude. My rage came to a broil and I felt myself internally cursing every male wolf on the earth. How dare he treat it like some-- some game! Like he'll be winning the apple bobbing competition at the annual pack fair!