PROLOGUE

[PHIL'S POV]

"Hey Dan?" I called over my shoulder as I danced around our apartment, trying to put my shoes on "you ready yet?"

I heard a muffled "Yeah!" Come from upstairs followed by a loud crash and a quiet '..shit'. I giggled to myself at his clumsiness as he ran downstairs, smiling lopsidedly at me as I look him up and down; he had his signature black skinny jeans on and his Attack on titan jumper, the sleeves falling down past his wrists and covering his hands adorably, his hair was perfectly straightened and his light brown eyes glistened with laughter.

"Come on you poo! We're gonna miss our taxi!" Dan said, flinging open the door, breaking me out of my daze, and stepping out into the street.

The pavement was still damp from the rain over night and a cold dewiness clung to the air, making it seem colder than it was. I wrapped my arms around my self as I waited for our taxi to arrive. After a few seconds, the taxi rounded the corner and stopped infront of us. We carefully placed our two suitcases in the trunk and the taxi started towards the train station.

The train ride was long and smelt like dust. After about half an hour, Dan fell asleep with his head at an odd angle. Gently, I pulled his head onto my shoulder, so he didn't wake up with a sore neck; because that's what friends do.

I Pulled my phone out my pocket, careful not to wake Dan, who was still asleep on my shoulder. I tweeted letting our subscribers know that we'd we taking a few days off and pressed my forehead to the cool window. Big drops of rain rolled down the window as miles of country side went by.

Soon, the hypnotic rain drops lulled me to sleep and the next two hours past by very fast, and before we knew it, we were standing outside our hotel in Weymouth. Dan stepped forwards, taking a deep breath, smiling as a few drops of rain landed on his face. I closed my eyes and revelled in the quiet; a seagull flew over head instead of a pigeon, a bicycle rang it's bell instead of a police car, the sea crashed against the cliffs in the distance and the smell of cooking bread hung in the air.

I walked inside the large cottage that had been converted into a bed & breakfast. A huge fireplace roared in the corner, setting the walls alight with oranges and red colors, making Dan's eyes seem to dance with the flames as they reflected, the usually dark brown seeming more chocolatey and hypnotic.

Dan rung a small bell, which echoed deep in the house, causing a very small, grey-haired lady come hurrying out to give us our key.

She squinted up at us and I suddenly felt very tall,

"You are the Howells no?" She asked and I blushed deeply, waiting for Dan to correct her, fiddling with my sleeve. To my suprise, Dan just nodded and followed her directions to our room. The room smelt of lavender and clean linen. There were two double four-post beds, Covered in cushions and flowery comforters. I smiled a little at the room, it looked like something from a fairy tale.

I dumped my bags down onto the bed, sinking into the duvet, staring at the ceiling. I closed my eyes, smiling in content. I bounced into the air slightly as Dan flopped down onto my bed next to me, also sinking into the feather covers.

"It's so pretty here" I whispered to myself.

After allowing myself a few seconds rest I jumped back up to my feet, smiling down at Dan who opened an eye suspiciously, raising an eyebrow. I opened the large glass doors at the back of the room, stepping out onto the balcony to see the rolling hills and forests soaking up the last of the sun's rays as it sunk below the horizon, the sky a mix of blues and reds. Dan wandered out too and stood next to me, his hand next to mine, the temptation to place mine over the top of his, to lace our fingers together and see his reaction, blossomed in my stomach but I fought it away, focusing on the rocky beach in the distance.