Two of the men waited at the door and when we approached, open the large door and let us in.

The inside was as elaborate as the outside, a large chandelier hung above the doorway, crisp clean walls surrounded us and modern decoration greeted our eyes. I didn't gawk like a tourists but my eyes did wander around, unlike Jasper who just blankly let his jaw drop.

Our eyes were drawn to the huge chandelier hanging above our heads, it looked like the sun was coated in a million diamonds, intensifying it's light by threefold.

"Ornate, isn't it?" A voice snapped me back to reality; I sought out the speaker and found a sharp looking man standing at the top of the stairs, a lovely woman on his arm.

Alpha Bane of the Midnight Lake pack, the strongest pack in the country. Wow.

He descended down the stairs with that beautiful platinum-haired woman on his arm. Alpha Bane was around the age of Madrid, but his black hair streaked with grey was slicked back, making him look younger than he was. His face was clean shaven and his hazel eyes reflected red in the light.

They made it to the bottom of the stairs and the woman let go of Alpha Bane's arm. He extended his hand to Madrid who took it in a firm handshake.

"Madrid, it's been too long, I haven't seen you since the council meeting." He greeted with a smile on his face, he was friendlier than I thought he would be.

"Indeed it has Bane; you seem to be looking well." Madrid replied as if they were old time friends.

"Please allow me to introduce my mate, Luna of the Midnight lake pack, Viviana. I don't believe you have met her." Bane took her hand in his and Madrid shook her hand gently.

"Please to meet you miss, you are indeed lovely. Bane, you are lucky to have such a woman by your side." Madrid complimented. Viviana gave a small smile but kept her royal posture the same, her head high and her shoulders straight. She loked all that a Luna should be, maybe a bit to much of a princess but I was on a no-judging streak for tonight. It would not fly well with anyone if I siad the Luna lookd like a queen biatch.

"Ah! But your mate is a fine woman as well."

"Indeed she is; this is my mate and Luna of the Ivy Eclipse pack, Marie." Madrid grinned at his chance to show her off. Bane took her hand and shook lightly as Madrid had done with Viviana.

"Pleasures miss. Who else have you brought along, a fresh batch of pups?" he joked. I didn't smile; don't ever underestimate me because of my age. But Madrid only grinned.

"Not quite. This is my Beta, Jasper Rogue, and this young woman is my Gamma, Aris Desdemona."

"So, you are the Gamma that is shocking packs around the country, I had no idea you would be so young and... beautiful." Bane smiled, but his eyes were not kind. Never mind, not friendly. I curled my toes in my heels and plastered on a fake smile.

"Thank you Alpha Bane," I managed through grit teeth, as much as I wanted out of this, I had to suck it up and put on a good show for my pack. It was only for one night.

"Must be difficult in a world of male leaders, are you struggling with your duties, dos your mate seem like a better fit to be Gamma than you?" Bane pressed. Anger flashed in my eyes, now he was just pressing me. I took a breath and raised my head. "I'm finding my title to be a bearable weight on my own, and I do not have a mate."

Bane's eyebrows rose. "No? Surely a wolf of your age has already met her other half? Women in my pack are birthing their first pups by your age."

I clenched my fists behind my back. How dare he?!

"Aris does not have any trouble with her duties; she is a strong wolf and has proven herself multiple times in battle to be one of our fiercest." Alpha Madrid cut in. I released my breath thankful that he had take over before I could snap at Alpha Bane.

"Hm, well, to each their own, now I do believe you've had a long drive, please won't you let Viviana show you to our drawing room while you and I discus business?" Bane offered, gesturing to his mate with his hands. Her platinum locks swept from her shoulders as she bowed her head, but only made eye contact woth her mate, almost blatenly ignoring us.

"Splendid idea. Marie, won't you go along, Jasper, Aris you as well?" Jasper and I nodded and we silently followed Viviana, her long gold dress sweeping along the stairs as she led us away from the two Alphas who disappeared into another room.

Even that Alpha says we should have our mate! Pandora was poking through again.

Don't even start. I shot back and pushed her from my mind as we trooped down the grand hallway after the two Lunas.

I made up my mind. I didn't like it here. I didn't like the smell of the wolves. And I did not like Alpha Bane.