Chapter 11.

It's amazing how photography can capture just a split second of something exquisite.
- Queen Kiera Cass

Chapter elevenn.

"Stay there."

Peter sprints to the treehouse leaving me in the water alone. Thank God the water is warm so I don't feel cold. He comes back with his camera and on his way to the river, he keeps taking pictures of me.

"You love my face so much." I tease.

"I do." He cringes. "I mean, who wouldn't?"

"Yea." I roll my eyes.

"Come up here. The water is getting cold."

"No, I'm good. This is relaxing. I feel free from those hilarious gowns and heels."

"Oh yeah, your clothes," Peter grabs my clothes and heels. "I'm going to take the towel and put your clothes up." Then he walk away.

I really love the way he cares about me and my health. It's so rare to find a guy who do something for you without you asking it first. But Peter is one of those gentleman ten out of a million.

I swim to the edge of the river and climb up. The second I feel the air against my wet skin, I feel really cold. I try to sit at the edge without falling. I try my best to hold myself and not shaking but I'm shaking more. I hate this.

"Oh God, you'e freezing here." Peter embraces me and quickly cover my body with a thick towel.

"Th...tha...nkss..." I shutter.

"Come on, let's go up."

He had covered himself with a thick towel like mine. When we reach the ladder, I don't think my feet would be able to stand and not fall.

"I'll carry you at my back. Hop up." He gestures.

"No, I'm fine. I can climb." I shrug away and place my hand on the ladder. My feet is the next hard step.

"Come on, Katelyn. Like I'm gonna let you fall and die."

Before he can say anything else, I gather my strength and do my best climbing up. Hopefully the ladder is not that high. Once I reach the top, I laugh proudly.

"See, I can do it."

Peter doesn't say anything so I continue my journey to the treehouse by walking at the bridge. My body doesn't feel much cold now. My hair is a little dry but my towel is still soaked. I get in the treehouse and cover myself a blanket.

"That's a rush." Peter says as he walks in. "You're fast."

"It's very cold outside. Don't you have a fireplace  or a heater here?"

"No," he shakes his head, "we're planning on adding that at January. It's really pathetic not having a heater in a treehouse, though."

"So how am I gonna stay alive in this place called Antarctica Treehouse?"

"Well, I don't know... I never really thought on---"

Looking at his nervous reddish face make me fall harder. Without thinking twice, I wrap my hand around his body.

"May this work? For me?" He seems surprised.

"It works for both of us." He wraps his hand around me.

My smile keep creeping.

"As much as I want to hug you, you have to change."

"No," I groan, "this clothes are dry already. I'm too lazy."