Chapter 22.

"Okay, if clothes are coming off, we really ought to go to a room. And you should probably know my middle name."

- (in honor of the precious Kile Woodwork).

(If any of you have read The Crown and are disappointed of the ending, I suggest you to hear Skylar Gray's song 'I know You', Alex & Sierra's 'Bumper Cars', and Lady Antabellum's 'Just A Kiss'. It will reminds you of Kile and Eadlyn's lovely ruined amazing relationship, but if you cry, let me know. So that we could cry together).

Chapter twenty-twoo.

"You're insane?" Amanda throws her hands in the air.

"I know right! But it's true. The rebels. Peter didn't---"

"Not that, you idiot." She rolls her eyes. Thumps of Amanda's heels are filling the room. "You're insane that you want to go to Dakota?"

"What?"

"Think it this way, if you go there, nothing will change."

That's exactly what Peter said.

"But I could help them. I just could!"

"With what?"

The question makes me shut up. That is the question that I have no answer for. With what will I help them?

"Maybe they want to ruin the selection, Katelyn." Amanda mutters.

"But why?"

"I don't know. This isn't the first time. King Maxon's had it as well."

"Oh, right." I remember.

"We don't know, Kate. We can do nothing about it."

Amanda has more money than my family has. Her house is bigger and safer than my house is. Her family can easily go into a protection of rich people. But mine can't. So of course she can say that.

"Kate,"

"Yes?"

"What do you think of this Selection? Honestly?"

My eyebrows knit. "What do you mean what do I think about this Selection?"

"I mean," she taps her heel again, searching for the right word to say maybe. "Don't you think this Selection is a little too... too free?"

"What?"

"Sorry for saying this, but," Amanda pauses, "do you think that Peter is serious about you? About us?"

I frown. Still not getting her point, I gesture Amanda to continue.

"For example, the simplest thing of all. He lets me go behind his back."

That's a start.

"But isn't it because... because he wanted to?"

"Yes, but then? Why at least didn't he cane me? I deserve that. What I'm doing is nothing that a single soul approve. Not Miss Marlee and Sir Carter, even."

"Peter's not like that. You know it."

"I know," Amanda nods, "but that's not the point. The point is, why wasn't he even mad at me? Or yell at me? Or felt betrayed and humiliated the time I told him? I know he's not that so serious type of a prince, and I know that he is very devoted to you and not to me. But you know, at least... Not that I want to, but, he should've sent me home."

I just stay quiet. I don't know what to say.

"Then second, from what I see, he never really had a real date with any of us. It's just like him and us walk, then he drops us just like that. You feel it, Kate. I know you do."