Logan begins to lean in again and this time I don't immediately pull away. I know how much he's hurting so I don't react as I usually would.

"Logan," I whisper. He doesn't move any closer. "You can't kiss me."

"You dick!" Logan and I whip around to see Josh standing in the doorway of the balcony. "You slept with Mariam!" He had tears running down his face and he looked so hurt and angry at the same time. My heart began to pound. 

"I didn't!" Logan says, standing up to face Josh. They stood so close to each other however Josh was slightly taller than Logan. 

They were fighting over a girl.

"I would never sleep with such a whore," Logan says. Josh shoves Logan and I panic. One of them is going to go over the edge.

"You fucking prick. You don't have the right to say that!" Josh defends Mariam. 

"Hey, stop. Can we please take this inside?" I say, trying to split the two.

"Maybe not but you're being an obnoxious prick! Bros before hoes!" Logan shoves Josh. 

"Guys, stop you're going to fall!" I say, frantically. The two of them began to brawl and push, shove and punch each other. I was used to so much fighting having grown up with four older brothers but they were never intoxicated or on a boat. 

I tried to rip them off each other. They both made sure I was never hurt but I was unsuccessful in pulling them apart so I diverted my attention to making sure they wouldn't fall off. I saw Bale inside watching us, curiously. 

"Bale! Help me!" I call out to him. He rushes outside and just as he steps outside and my attention is on Bale, the two fall into the water. 

I freak out. 

"You're both fucking idiots," I call out, waiting for them to resurface. When they didn't, I freaked even more. I quickly took of my heels and pulled my dress over my head, leaving me in my strapless bra and lacy black underwear. "Get Logan," I tell Bale who was already stripping into his boxers and socks. 

We jumped in after the two stupid boys. The cold water hit me like a slap to the face. It engulfed me with it's icy hands as I descended further into it's depths after Josh. It didn't take long to find him, I had dived directly where he fell. Griping him under his motionless arms, I kicked both our bodies to the surface which took much more effort than one might think. 

Taking a breath of air wasn't quite as relieving as I thought. So many things were running through my head; Is Josh conscious? Did anyone see us jump off? How am I supposed to get him to shore? Did Bale find Logan? Is Logan conscious? Will I get into trouble for this? Shit the boys are going to get into trouble. Do I look bad in my underwear? Will my first kiss be CPR? 

I took a quick look around and saw Bale and Logan's heads above the water. They're OK. I then took a look at Josh. He wasn't moving and his eyes were closed, moth open. I began to freak again. 

"Josh... Josh... Fucking Joshua West wake up. Wake up. Don't quit on me. I-I can't pull you to shore alone. Don't ignore me you little shit," I kept talking to him, hoping he would wake up. I swam with my legs and one arm, trying to keep Josh's head above the water with the other. I became tired quickly but continued on for Josh's sake. I was close enough to Bale and Logan to hear them talking to each other. 

"Thank you, man. Thank you. I didn't know... which... way was up..." Logan says between coughs. 

"Guys, guys!" I spit out some water. "Josh isn't responding," I say.

Bale swam over to me quickly and took more than half of Josh's weight and together, we carried him to the shore. I ignored the stitch in my side and my sore upper body. Finally, I could reach the bottom of the river floor. Of course, because of his height, Bale was already walking with Josh and had taken the majority of his weight. He was, however, much heavier than he was in the water. 

I was heaving air. We finally got him on the shore although half his clothed body was still in the moving waves. I checked to see if Logan had made it back to shore. He had, thank god. I couldn't physically do that again. Once I was sure Logan was OK, I turned my attention to Josh.

"He's not breathing," Bale says. 

"CRP," I call out. 

"CPR you mean?" Logan asks. "Do you know how to do it?"

"Y-yeah," I say. I move closer to Josh, about to perform it. "I can't remember!" I freak. I begin hyperventilating over my friend's life. Logan soothes me as Bale performs CPR.

My breaths become short as I bend over Josh's body. "Josh! Josh!" I call out to him, my chest restricting my speech. "Joshua West!" I call out.

I don't stop having a panic attack until he finally sits up, spitting and coughing up river water. He gasps for breath and I can finally breathe. I pull him to me, feeling so relieved at the sight of my friend breathing again. 

"Slower, breathe slower," He croaks out. 

"Don't worry about me," I whisper. "Don't worry about me." I don't let him go until our breathing evens out. 

"I heard you," He tells me, swallowing. He pulls a face at the taste of river water. 

"What?" I ask, pulling away. 

"I heard you when we were out in the water. I heard you talking to me but I couldn't respond." I nod, remember the frightening moment. "Thank you Bale for reviving me," He thanks him. Bale nods once in recognition.

"I'm sorry, man," Logan says, pulling Josh to his feet and also hugging him.

"Me too," Josh says, returning the favour. They separated and Logan helped me up. Logan and Bale begin to walk to the jetty where we would meet the ship once again. And I would be re-united with my clothes. I couldn't imagine what my make up and hair looked like right now.

"Arva," Josh says. I turn to him. "Here." He hands me his shirt which he had already unbuttoned. It was soaking wet but would cover me nonetheless.

"Thanks." I take it and button it up. It came to mid-thigh. I start to walk towards the jetty again.

"And Arva," Josh starts. I turn again. "Thank you," He says before cupping my cheek, leaning in and kissing me. 

--------------

I have no explanation. 

Hopefully we'll see you in 3 days!!

Much love,

Cinna xx