"Nice place," Eli said to himself. 

Letting himself into the house, Eli walked down the corridor until he reached a spiral staircase. The sound of quiet chatter wafted down to meet his ears. 

When Eli climbed up to the second storey, the first thing he saw was none other than Rhonda's impatient face. 

"Eli, you're late!" Rhonda reprimanded. 

Eli resisted rolling his eyes. 

"C'mon, crime scene's in here," Rhonda said. 

Moving swiftly, Eli followed Rhonda as she led him down the corridor and into a tiny office. 

The body of 35 year-old Kevin Crowle lay dead in his chair. His throat was slit open in a wide, red smile. 

"That's nasty. Good thing I didn't eat breakfast, eh?" Eli said jokingly, but he didn't smile. 

Rhonda looked over the cluttered desk in front of Kevin. 

"I'm guessing these cluttered files were probably just Kevin's lack of organisation." 

Eli looked around the office. The furniture was spick and span, no signs of a struggle anywhere. 

"There doesn't seem to be any sign of a struggle here, Kevin's death was quick and painless, almost methodical." Eli said. 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, check this out." Rhonda called over. 

Eli moved over and saw that Kevin had been stabbed multiple times on his body. 

"Dear god," Eli breathed. 

"Time of death was around 11:20 last night. No signs of forced entry," Rhonda said. 

"From what I'm seeing, my conjecture is that Kevin's killer came up from behind him while he was working at the desk, pulled his head back and slit his throat. That was the killing blow." 

"Why the multiple wounds though?" Eli asked. 

"Likely, this murder wasn't as methodical as you thought. After Kevin was dead, the killer turned him around and stabbed him multiple times even after death. Possibly motive behind the murder could be a personal feud of some sort." Rhonda speculated. 

"Or he's sending us a message," Eli suggested, looking over Kevin's body. 

"Did you find any evidence? Prints, hair, anything we can use to identify the killer?" 

"Just one thing," Rhonda said. 

She waved a technician over and he handed her a small plastic bag with what looked to be a note inside it. 

"We found this note on Kevin's desk. Type-written, probably left by the killer." Rhonda said. 

Eli read the note from within the plastic bag. 

THE HOMEWRECKER HAS STRUCK 

"Is that all?" Eli asked. 

"That's all. Just another sicko serial killer giving himself a brand new nickname," Rhonda said humorlessly. 

Rhonda and Eli left the office where they found a police officer taking down the statement of Kevin's wife, Linda Crowle. 

Linda Crowle was a wreck, with tears streaming down her face and her eyes red and puffy. 

"And that's when I called the police . Do you have any more questions?" Linda asked between sobs. 

"We'll take it from here," Rhonda told the officer and he left, handing her the notebook on which he had been taking down Linda's statement.