Chapter 7: Vinny

Vinny headed out the door of Emily's house, she jumped in her car and Brooke jumped in the passenger side. 

"I'll take you home real quick." Vinny says quickly, not wanting Brooke to see her house. 

 "Can I come over? My mom's gonna be pissed that I haven't come home for a week, and I figure a few more hours won't make it much worse." Brooke pleads with her. 

"Sorry. My mom doesn't want me having anyone over." Vinny responds quickly, making up excuse after excuse. 

"Ok." Brooke frowns as Vinny heads over to Brooke's house. She waves bye to Vinny and turns to walk into the house she hasn't been in for what seems like years, even though it had been only a few days. Vinny pulled out of the driveway and drove directly home. She looked up at the shabby house and sighed. She shouldn't be ashamed, but for some reason she was. 

"Mom! I'm home!" Vinny calls as she enters the house. 

"Hi, sweetie! How was London?" Vinny's mom peeks around the corner and smiles widely at her daughter, slight crinkles appearing around her eyes. 

"Great! How is Ronny?" Vinny says as she drops her bag and goes into her bedroom to see her teacup pig. "Mom? Where's Ronny?" Vinny says and the look on her mom's face said it all. Ronny had been gravely ill and they didn't know how much time he had left when she left. "How long ago?" Vinny says choking back tears. 

"He died yesterday. I'm so sorry hun." Vinny's mom wraps her arms gingerly around her daughter as she starts crying into her mom's shoulder. "It's ok. He's in a better place now." She says as she strokes Vinny's hair and shushes her, making a feeble attempt to calm her down. 

"It's ok. I mean now he's not in pain right?" Vinny says, biting back more tears. She loved that pig with all her heart. 

"Exactly." Her mom pulls her in again. Vinny heard her Skype going off and grabbed her computer sitting out on her deck to hide the view of her house from whoever was calling. She ignored it and decided to sit out side with her computer. She logged onto her twitter and started looking at her feed. 

NiallOfficial: I wish I could tell you guys how proud I am of Loki right now. pic.twitter.com/29nF9nPWj3 

Vinny quickly opened the picture and it was a picture of Loki sitting in the fridge, looking at him like why are you opening my bed?! "Aw!" Vinny smiles and retweets it. 

"Vinny," Her mom says from the patio door. "I was just wondering if your friends wanted to come over to get ready for the prom in a few weeks." Her mom asked her and looked her directly in the eyes. 

"I think Emily wants to be with her mom while she gets ready." Vinny quickly lies. "We have hair appointments at the same time. I made sure it was with Michele so she'll give us grace until we can pay." Vinny quickly adds. She was maybe one of the poorest kids at her school, that's why she never had her friends over. She's been saving for a prom dress since she was in sixth grade, knowing she wouldn't be able to afford it. She saved for both of them, and got a cheap dress last year so she could go all out senior year, but she may have to go cheap both years since she also needed college money. 

"Vinny? Are you ashamed?" Her mom asks seeing right through her lie. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. We still do better than alot of the world, and we have all we need." Her mom started rubbing her knee comforting her, but Vinny just sighed, knowing her mom wouldn't get it. "You can always ask your dad for help with your prom dress." Vinny contemplated the idea, but he was far too happy with Jessica for Vinny to be anywhere near her. 

 "No, I saved up enough that I can get another dress." She says, and gets up to go inside, taking the  computer with her. She needed to be careful with it considering she would have to pay for another one if she broke it. 

Perks of Being a FangirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara