Chapter 13: Boy Probs and an Irishman

There was a soft singing coming from somewhere in the hotel bed where Niall was laying, sleeping. He felt something vibrate against the bare skin of his back and he rolled over trying to find the source of the disturbance to his sleep.

"Hello?" Niall answered tiredly, as he picked up the sleek black iPhone that refused to let him go back to bed.

"Niall? Oh my. I'm sorry did I wake you?" Emily's voice rung through his ears and he buries his head back in his pillow.

"Yes." He answers annoyed.

"Sorry, I'll let you get back to sleep." She replies about to hang up on the Irishman.

"No. No. You already woke me up I won't be able to get back to sleep, and it's--" He says looking at the clock. "noon. I needed to get up anyway." He sighs, rubbing his eyes, trying to rid them of the sleepiness that wanted to overtake him.

"Can I ask you something? Something personal?" Emily says, nervously picking at the couch she was sitting on.

"About me or about Liam?" He responds, now semi-interested.

"About Liam..." She trails off, still picking at the couch.

"You have my attention." He says, sitting up, and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He stands up and starts walking around, trying to stretch his legs.

"Um.... I've just been getting mixed messages from him... I don't even know if he likes me or not and I like him, but we don't even live in the same country and--" She continues without taking a breath.

"Emily!" Niall interrupted. "First of all, believe it or not he likes you. Second of all, learn to take a breath. Third of all, why are you talking to me about all of this? Shouldn't you talk to the man himself?"

"No... because then if he didn't like me back it would get all awkward and I don't want that." She sighs and lets out a little yelp as she falls to the ground again. "Not again!"

"You fall to the floor again?" Niall says, letting out a chuckle.

"For a dancer, I am very uncoordinated." She blows a stray piece of hair away from her eyes and sits up, leaning against her couch.

"I can't say I disagree." Niall says, chuckling, waking up Louis who was in the room with him.

"Who the hell are you talking to mate?" He asks, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"Emily." Niall responds, and puts the phone back against his ear.

"Why?" He mouths to Niall who simply ignores it.

"Thanks for letting me talk to you Niall." Emily smiles.

"No prob, mate." He says, watching what he says.

"You're a good friend." Emily smiles, and looks up as two girls come barreling down the steps. "Now are you sure he likes me?"

"Yes. I am." Niall looks at Louis who looks back at him, confused.

"Who ya talking to?" Vinny asks, looking at Emily, leaning against the front of her couch. 

"Niall." She responds. They both look back and forth at each other and back at her. 

"Not Liam?" They both ask in unison. 

"I don't only talk to Liam!" Emily yells at them, and Niall who still had the phone to his ear. 

"What are you guys doing today besides rehearsal and the concert?" Brooke asks as Emily puts Niall on speaker. 

"Brooke?" Niall asks, knowing the voice that came on was now different.