Chapter 10: Getting Ready for a Night to Remember

"OK so I had the weirdest dream last night. So I was craving toast before bed, and in my dream I was dating Luke Brooks, and Pewds was holding toast, so I was like "OMG I NEED TO GO TALK TO HIM." Then I like walked over and we started discussing toast, and Luke came over and punched him.... It was very weird." Vinny concludes telling Emily and Brooke about her dream. The hairdresser who was by the front door as she was telling this story was chuckling to herself. 

"Hi, Vinny." She smiles at her favorite customer and old friend. 

"Hi, Michelle." The lady beamed at Vinny and Vinny flipped through her phone to find the hairstyle she had already picked. "Could you try this?" Vinny asks holding up the picture. 

 "Sure." She smiles down at her and pulls back her hair, starting to attempt the waterfall braid bun Vinny wanted. About thirty minutes later, Maria was putting the finishing touch on Vinny's hair, when her phone started ringing. 

"Luke, how are you? You need to call more. I haven't seen you since I left." Michelle said with a faint Australian accent that Vinny picked up. 

"Michelle? Would that happen to be Luke Brooks?" Vinny looked up at her, trying not to make her voice sound hopeful. 

"Yes. He's my nephew. Why?" She asks looking at Vinny curiously and semi-suspiciosly. 

"Just I'm a fan of the Janoskians. I also kinda met him in London." Vinny shrugs, admiring Michelle's handywork as always. "I love it." Vinny smiles and uses both of the mirrors she was provided to look at the back. 

 "Glad you do, Now Vinny tell the other troublemakers to get in here and show me what they want, then decide whose going first." Michelle says shooing Vinny away. 

"Wait, did she just say she met me in London?" Luke asked his aunt from the otherside of the phone. 

"Yes." 

"Can you get me her last name? Or maybe her number?" Luke asks his aunt, playing it cool not so well. 

 "I am not playing matchmaker." She said into the phone and kept it pinned between her ear and her shoulder while going to work on Emily's hair. 

"Matchmaker? Oh please dish!" Emily says, and smiles sweetly while Michelle simply chuckles at her. Michelle was only about three years older than them and they loved talking to her about stuff. 

 "Well it seems Vinny and my little nephew have met." Michelle smiles, and Luke sighs into the phone. He hated being called 'my little nephew'. Emily started smiling, knowing Vinny would freak out if she knew. Michelle completed the bun Emily wanted and put the flower clip Emily had brought along in her hair. 

"It's perfect!" Emily gushes and can't stop admiring her hair. Brooke wanders back and smiles at Emily. 

"It's so pretty!" She smiles, and Emily goes to sit down with Vinny while she pages through an old seventeen she found in the stack of magazines that had covers of both celebrity couples getting together and their inevitable break ups. 

"Which break ups are covered in these mags?" Emily started flipping through them and seeing the headline 'Why Katy Perry and John Mayer really broke up: exclusive details here'. Emily rolled her eyes and Vinny was absorbed in the article about Chloe Grace Moretz from the cover. 

Brooke was sitting and chatting with Michelle when she felt her phone vibrate. She looked at the caller ID and saw one of the strangest pictures of Harry she has ever seen. 

"So Harold how are you?" Brooke asks in as manly a voice as she can muster. Even though it still sounded very feminine. 

"Very good, how are you dear chap." He says in as posh of accent as he can muster and starts chuckling to himself.