VIII.

{ BE PREPARED, THIS CHAPTER IS CLOSE TO 1,700 WORDS :0 HOLY CRAP! }

"See, I knew you'd come to your senses." Liam murmured as Niall crawled into bed beside him, having driven all the way back home in the night.

Niall laid his head down on the pillow, staring at Liam in the darkness. Barely making out his features but could tell his eyes were closed, "Did you mean what you said today? When we were outside arguing?"

"No, I love you Niall." He blindly grabbed his hand in the dark, kissing his knuckles.

He swallowed harshly, trying to piece together some sort of logic in this madness. "Then why'd you say it to being with?"

Liam opened his eyes, stretching up and switched on the bedside lamp. "Why'd you say you want a divorce?"

"I don't know, I wasn't thinking." He shrugged looking up at him.

"Exactly, neither was I when I said what I did." Liam pointed out.

Niall momentarily looked towards the picture frames on the wall, looking back at him. "I love you Liam."

He smiled, leaning down and pecking his lips. "I know you do, and like I said, I love you too."

"You're not going to spank Holden anymore are you?" He whispered softly once their lips had parted, genuine concern in his eyes.

"Only when discipline is needed," Liam clarified.

Niall shook his head, "I'll worry about disciplining him. Liam you're too harsh on him, you treated him like an adult and that was wrong. You hurt him badly."

"He'll toughen up, and it was only a couple swats. He can walk can't he?" Liam brushed off the topic, acting as though spanking Holden like he had was normal and acceptable.

Niall continued to shake his head, "Just please let me worry about that stuff, Holden rarely does anything wrong regardless so it's not even going to be an issue."

"Fine," he gave in. "Can we go to sleep now?"

"Yeah," he murmured as Liam switched the light back off and laid down again.

Niall laid awake hours after Liam had fallen asleep, thinking maybe he shouldn't of came back to him but he didn't have a choice right now. He needs to work on some sort of career before he can even think about leaving Liam, otherwise he won't look to good to a court and Liam will get rewarded partial custody.

And Niall's shooting for full on his end. Which is yet another seemingly unreachable challenge in Niall's life for him to subconsciously stress about.

_______

"Why aren't my eyes blue coloured like yours, daddy?" Holden questioned at the breakfast table, cocking his head to the side in curiosity.

Niall pushed the syrup within Holden's reach, "Hmm, because daddies eyes are brown and you just happened to inherit that colour."

"Can I switch?" He pressed with a furrowed brow as he carefully poured syrup over his pancakes.

He laughed, "No sweetie, and why would you want to do that. You're eyes are gorgeous."

Holden shrugged, "A girl at school said I had poo eyes, I said I had daddies eyes but she said my daddy must have poo eyes then too."

Liam cracked a smile with an amused head shake, "What's this girls name?"

"Lux Tea-cup or something. I can't say it," he giggled through his mouth of eggs mixed with syrupy pancakes.