V.

"C'mon sweetheart, we need to walk quickly or you'll be late." Niall murmured softly, holding Holden's hand as he guided him down the empty hallways.

They were running late this morning but Niall was still determined to get Holden to class before the final bell.

"My legs are sleepy daddy," Holden fussed, trying to keep up with his pace.

Niall paused a moment, scooping him up and walking even quicker. "I know you're sleepy, my alarm didn't go off and neither did daddies. The power must've gone out during the storm last night."

He wrapped his arms around Niall's neck, hanging on as he bounced around in his arms. "Can I go back home with you, we can sleep more."

Niall laughed, kissing his temple and stopped outside the classroom door. "No because we're here and you've got to carry your buns to class." He set him down, "I'll see you after school."

Holden kissed his cheek, giving him a brief hug as well. "Bye daddy."

"Bye sweetheart," he waved goodbye as Holden walked into the classroom.

Niall stepped aside when a small blonde girl with pink streaked pigtails ran past him into the classroom, nearly making him fall over.

"Lux," a deep voice called out.

The small girl stopped, turning around.

"Your bag, here."

Niall turned around when he heard the voice, "Harry?"

He smiled, making eye contact and handed the girl her tie-dye backpack before she ran back into the classroom.

"Niall, right? What are you doing here?"

They stepped away from the open classroom door, going down the hallway some as they both subconsciously started walking towards the main entrance doors.

"My son, Holden goes here." He smiled, shocked to be seeing Harry here of all places. "Do you have a daughter?"

Harry laughed, carelessly brushing a hand through his hair and flipped it over to the opposite side. "No, no. She's my goddaughter, her parents travel a lot so I get her to school some days."

"Oh," he hummed. "Her parents let her colour her hair at that age?"

He smiled with a nod, "Her mums a hairstylist and her dads in a band."

Niall laughed, "Right."

Harry held the door open for him, "So um, are you married?"

"Yeah," he held up his hand, showing off the wedding band. "5 years, we just had our anniversary last week actually."

"Wow, how's that?"

Niall furrowed his brow, "Excuse me?"

"I mean marriage, how's that?" He clarified with a laugh, "Most people can barely commit to a 30-day Netflix trial."

"It's..." Niall paused a moment, trying to find the proper words. "It's marriage, there's up and downs. But I love my husband."

Harry put his hands up in surrender, "I wasn't doubting it, just curious. You know, trying to see how the other side lives."

"Oh," he murmured quietly, pressing the unlock button on his keys when they reached his vehicle.

"This is yours?"

Niall bit his bottom lip, nodding. "Anniversary present from my husband."

"Wow," he smiled and looked over the white BMW. "It's nice."

It Felt Like Love « Niam/NarryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara