Chapter Twenty One

En başından başla

Lauren sighs, pulling Camila over for a hug. "I'm sorry. I think I'm always going to need reassurance. I just get scared sometimes."

"You don't have to apologize. I understand." Camila rubs her back soothingly. The demons sat in silence for a while, still in the same hugging position. The younger demon was sure Lauren fell asleep again until she quietly asked if they could lie down.

"Are we going to tell everyone that we're girlfriends?" Lauren asks, staring at the wall.

"I assumed we were but if you don't want to, we don't have to." Camila tells her, unsure of what she was thinking at the moment. "Do you want to?"

Lauren nods quickly. "I want everyone to know that you're mine and that I'm yours." She grins at the thought of them finally being together, allowing a laugh to escape her mouth, the vibrations hitting Camila's shoulder and neck. The younger girl smiles happily.

"Want to tell them now?"

Lauren sighs, "I don't want to get out of bed. You're too comfy; I just want to hold you all the time." She tells the younger girl, pecking any and all exposed skin near her lips. "And kiss you."

"Then we can cuddle for as long as your heart desires." Camila tells her, shifting so she's more comfortable underneath her girlfriend.

The two stayed there for another hour in their cuddling position, talking about everything and nothing, enjoying each others company. They haven't done this in a while. Just talked. It was nice to have alone time like this. Sure, they were alone most of the time but usually they were too tired from the days activities or preoccupied with a book.

Camila really loved listening to Lauren talk. She was extremely intelligent which was surprising, considering she taught herself though books and silent observations of the people in town. The younger girl thought it was amazing that the girl was so put together after what happened with her parents.

Camila was a sad, scared ten year old living on her own and from what Lauren told her, the green eyed girl was confident that she would survive. She just pretended like she was on a survival show and was able to get through it all. She said she went camping a lot with her family and that's how she knew what to do.

Camila on the other hand, struggled to make it through the night without crying. She hunted animals at night and climbed trees during the day, never straying too far from her home. She was afraid that she would lose the hollow tree. As she got older, she went farther and farther away from the tree and was confident enough to explore.

The day she saw that coyote was the day she traveled the farthest, but boy was she thankful that Lauren followed her. She wondered where the animal was now. If it was alive and nearby.

Camila watched her girlfriend as she talked, her gaze dropping from her eyed to her lips. She interrupted the girl with a quick kiss, settling back into her pillow until she finished talking again.

She was so lucky to have her.

---

After having a satisfying amount of cuddles for the morning, Lauren got up, stretched her arms over her head and quickly got a snack to eat. She went over to the shelf to get the shampoo and conditioner, holding it under her arm so she could grab the bar of soap as well.

"Are you going to come?" The green eyed girl asks. Camila hummed in confirmation, linking her arm with Lauren's and pulling her out the door, beginning their short walk to the lake. "Wait!" Lauren runs back inside. Camila stays where she is. The older demon comes back out with two towels. "That would have been... something." She laughs nervously. Camila chuckles and shakes her head, taking her hand.