03: "Beauty and Brains"

Start from the beginning

"But how would you ever know? Just think about it. If you would've asked, he probably could've confessed to you if he were fake," Nev said.

I tilted my head and sighed.

"But I mean, I didn't want to doubt him, you know?" I asked.

"But you doubt him now, right? That's why you called us," Nev said.

Touché..

I fiddled my hands together.

"I have faith that he can be real, but there's a small part that's telling me he's not," I admitted.

"Let's see a picture of this guy," Nev said.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. I went to my gallery and clicked on the last photo Jay sent me. It was a picture of him in a LA Clippers jersey. He looked extremely fine.

I got up the couch and handed Nev the phone. Max leaned and aimed his camera lens towards it.

"Well, even though I can barely see his face,  it appears that he's handsome-" he nodded, and I smiled. "-with a lot of tattoos."

"I know. I really really like them, though," I said and giggled.

"What's the last picture that he sent you?" Nev asked

"That one. He sent it a year and a half ago," I said.

"Huh? A year and a half?" Max asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Wow. Anymore pictures?" Nev asked.

"Yes, actually. I created a whole folder," I said.

"This folder is...small. Trinity, you gotta ask this guy for more pictures!" Nev exclaimed and chuckled.

"Well, I don't wanna hassle him. He posts some pictures on Twitter, though."

"How many pictures have you sent him?" Max asked.

"I've never sent him any, actually. Well, only one, but I post frequent selfies on Twitter, and he usually retweets and favorites them," I said

He nodded.

"Well-" Nev spoke. He handed me back my phone, and I took my seat back on the opposite couch. "-like I said before, he's handsome."

"Too handsome to be a catfish?" I asked.

"I'm not saying that you aren't  gorgeous enough for this guy to like you because you're beyond gorgeous. But if a guy is that handsome, there's a possible chance that someone can steal his pictures," he said.

I nodded. I never thought about that.

"But tell me more about the situation. You guys have never video chatted?" he asked.

"No. He would always say that his camera doesn't work, or he lost connection. I would try so many times, but nothing; zilch."