Chapter One

Life is pretty lonely when you are a seventeen year old rock music infused teenager. School was tough for myself as I was always bullied and only had a handful of friends, little did I know how my life would turn around.

I work weekends as a waitress and also attend college four days a week, and this is where my story begins and where I met Tom, shortly after we then began dating. He's really sweet, he has sandy coloured hair and bright blue eyes, he is also unfortunately the most popular boy, the problem being, I'm not popular.

Im the one everyone calls 'that emo kid' I always questioned whether was my clothes, make up, music, I have no idea, I quickly brushed it off all the time. Until one day in the summer when Tom came up to me, "Hey, fancy coming round tonight, we can go grab a coffee and then watch films at mine?" I liked hanging out with Tom so I quickly replied "Yeah, sure". Tom wasn't the demanding type at all, he was pretty intimidating with all his muscles, but that was only from playing rugby. Other than that I couldn't pick a bad thing about him.

After college, Tom and I began making our way to the local coffee shop a few blocks away. We nicely chatted about how our day had been until we arrived there. Tom opened the door to the coffee shop "Ladies first Lily" he loudly said and gestured me inside with his hand. So in I went. Tom being a gentleman, bought my coffee, we decided to sit outside as it was a nice day.

Whilst we were sitting outside and enjoying our coffees some of the popular girls walked past, laughing and pointing, whispering "emo" I looked away from them and hung my head in shame. When I looked back up to Tom he was filling with anger, but not with the girls, no, with me. He grabbed my hand and almost ripped it off as he dragged me into a nearby alley.

He grabbed me by the wrists and started to squeeze my arms. I screamed in pain and then out of nowhere, a fist came straight into my jaw, Tom had punched me, my own boyfriend had punched me. Then another punch to my stomach which made me fall to the floor. Everything started to go black. I still however felt myself being kicked in the spine.

I then blacked out completely. Little did I know, my stranger saviour had came into the alley and took Tom straight down to the floor, Tom panicked and ran off.

I opened my eyes, my face was in agony and all I could see was red, I started to panic and obviously the man who was now standing over me noticed me panicking so he soothingly said "Don't worry love, I've called an ambulance and I'm coming with you". I opened my eyes a little and tried to speak but no words escaped my mouth. "Where's your phone, I need to call someone for you?" He asked as he helped me sit up. "No please, don't call my parents, they would be mad if they knew id been out" I managed to splutter out. For some reason I still couldn't see. "Whats wrong with my eyes?" I began feeling my face with my hands, Ouch! My face was totally swollen. Then I blacked out again.

"Hello, Can you hear me?" who was waking me up from bed this early,I wondered. Then I realized this wasn't my bed, I then heard the soft voice of the man from the alley, "You're in hospital, I told you I was coming with you". I could open my eyes a little more now, I looked at the man sitting on the bed; he actually came with me?

I saw his bright ginger hair and now his face much more clearer "Alan?" I suddenly shouted, damn that was meant to stay in my head. "what?" he said back. "Oh, sorry you just look like someone I know". I buried my head in my hands in embarrassment. "Alan Ashby, you mean?" he questioned back. But how did he know Alan, Alan Ashby was from of mice and men, one of my favourite bands, "you are Alan Ashby?!" I shot my hand out to touch his shoulder, "is this a dream?" I said retracting my hand. "No love, I saw you in the alley with that blonde haired douchebag" Wow, he really saw all that, how embarrassing.

Holding my hand out I introduced myself "names' Lily", we then shook hands whilst smiling with a glisten in our eyes.