{Chapter Eighteen}

Start from the beginning

I enjoyed getting to know them. They are all so different and interesting. Hopefully, one day, I can bring Ryot and the boys here too. They would love Xavier's family and some of the pack members. They might even have a Mate here?

   "Alpha!" A voice shouts, startling from my thinking. Xavier shoots up wards, making me sit up. His arms are wrapped around me tightly, as someone bursts into the room, breathing heavily. Men are running outside and the sounds of howls, growls and whines fill our ears.

   "What is it?" He booms in his Alpha voice.

   "Wolves. Everywhere." The pack warrior breathes out, panicked.

   "Rogues?" 

   "No Alpha, they are pack members, but we can't identify what pack they're from." With a low growl, Xavier looks down at me, then back at the man.

   "Capture some, kill the rest." He nods, running back out of the room and slamming the door. "Annachi, I want you to stay here and watch over all the woman and children. There are guards guarding the outside, so no one can get in."

   "I will make sure everybody is in the basement and then I will come and help." I compromise. "I can't sit back and know that my pack is out there being slaughtered."

   "No Annachi. I don't have time to fight with you about this. You are the female. You sit behind and cook dinner, while I go out to work. It's how the world works." My mouth drops open at his sexist remark. "I'll be back later." He zooms out the door, only in his pyjama pants. I am left in our room, livid. How dare he?

I get out of the bed and leave the room in my silk shorts and singlet. Maybe not the most appropriate wear for addressing my pack, but what else can I do? I need to make sure everyone else is safe and fast.

   "Luna Annachi?" A voice timidly asks. I back up a few steps and look towards my left. A door open slightly and an older woman peeks out. "What's going on?"

   "Another pack is attacking. I'm going to bring you and everyone else down to the basement." I tell her softly. She opens her door wider and I see nearly fifty children and woman in the room with her. "Well that makes it easier. Is this all the woman?" I ask.

   "Yes. This is our meeting point. We are supposed to wait here until someone comes to get us." I nod my head and look at the rest of the females.

   "Follow me and try to keep quiet." Xavier already showed me every way to get to the basement, in case of an emergency. I walk back towards Xavier's and I room, stopping at the door to let all the people pass. I close the door and walk to the corner of the room. I lift the carpet carefully and then pull several wooden blocks, that are covering the hidden blocks of wood. Once both are out of the way, I lift up the secret hatch.

   "Is it a slide?" A little boy asks, chewing on his shirt. I smile.

   "No. It's a ladder. Everyone must climb down. It's a long way, so carry the newborns." The toddlers will heal if they fall, however the first few weeks for new born Werewolves are critical. They are born as a human, but much weaker. It's how the Moon Goddess determines who should grow up and live and who shouldn't.

   "Yes Luna." They answer, starting to climb down. 

   "I need the seven woman to stand by the exits. Lock them and watch, just in case someone tries to get in." I order. Some ladies volunteer and I smile in thanks. I watch, doing a head check and helping a few older ladies and children climb down. Xavier's sisters and Olivia are most likely, already in the room. It saddens me how inferior they think themselves be, to everybody else, but that was what they were taught, I guess.